Saturday, November 1, 2008

Mommy and Libbi

SO, so nice to spend the day together! And we are about to go take a bubble bath. We slept in late (well, dozed, she was raring to go but was content reading an alphabet book for awhile), got a shower, had lunch, then took off for the mall and a few other places to scope out some new jeans for her. My 5 year old wears size 7 pants....EEEK! Abbi went from a size 6 to a size 8, we have plenty of size 8's but no size 6s for Abbi. Libbi doesn't mind the handmedowns at all.

Then we went to dinner at Bob Evans and finally came back home. It has been so nice to just be with her, only one time today did she get weird. We were in Kohl's and Dave called, and Libbi was repeating everything I said to Dave, driving me insane and not stopping. She must have been going through withdraw from not having her sister to bother hahaha!

Anyways, Abbi has gone canoeing today, gone fishing, worked on crafts and is at a campfire right now with her daddy. Apparently there is to be some star gazing as well. Great night for it! I can't wait to hear all about it. He said that several of her friends from school were there and he knew a few of the dads, so of course that helped him feel more comfortable. He is going to try and call me back tonight, but cell phone range is spotty there so he may not be able to.

That bubble bath is calling. Libbi and I are having a slumber party in my bed...YAY!

An hour later......

Out of the tub and we had a nice soak! Have I said lately how beautiful my girl is? She really is, and that blond hair....she is going to be in high demand for boys attention. I mean, just tonight at dinner a 2 year old was flirting heavily with her, but then so was the 70 year old man in the booth next to her. Though she does not seem interested and turns shy, well, but then tries to act like she is shy while trying to look hehe. She has an absolutely beautiful smile and her entire face just lights up when she is happy. Her blue eyes are just like her father's. She had her hair in two low ponytails today and I tell you, there were moments she looked like Marcia from Brady bunch (though with lighter hair). Weird.

We were going to share a bowl of popcorn then go to bed in my bed, BUT, she has instantly fallen asleep on the couch next to me, with but a few pieces of popcorn in her bowl left. GO figure, tonight we set the clocks back an hour, any bets on when she will wake up in the morning? I have to drop her off with a friend at church tomorrow before I rush off to play with the Orchestra. Dave and Abbi will be back in town for her to go to PRE, so Dave will be able to get Libbi afterwards. Can't wait to hear from Abbi on all her fun.

So, here I sit, watching Food Network, I have learned how pretzel sticks are made, how a famous spice guy makes his concoctions, how seasalt is processed, and who knows what else is on tap for tonight. Interesting.

On a good note, my left trial contact is in and I picked it up. They forgot to call me, it has been there for 3 weeks. GRRRR. We were at the mall today so I figured I would check on it. So, I will try this one and see how it does and finally get the contacts for the left eye. I have paid for the 6 month supply of the left eye already.

Is it sad that I am sitting here making myself stay awake another hour?? With the time changing back tonight, I do not want to be wide awake at 3 am hehe. I also wish I was at camp with Dave and Abbi....ALL of us there. The weather is perfect this weekend. We are in the midst of an Indian Summer (the tv said so, though I know warm temps are normal here this time of year). It got to 74 today and will be around 76 tomorrow. It still gets in the 40s at night, which is nice. My lilac colored roses FINALLY bloomed, and the freezes we had a few nights this past week did not kill them. I am glad. I knew the plant was still alive, but I don't think it had bloomed at all this year so far. The others have gone nuts, but the purple is such a special color.

:) I think I am done typing. Really not a lot to talk about tonight that s of great importance. I am babbling.

No comments: