Friday, November 21, 2008

BRRRR

It is COLD! It was below freezing this morning for bus duty, and around freezing this afternoon for bus duty (much lower with wind chill). I simply cannot get warm, I am cold to the bone and shivering. Tonight it will get to the low 20s, BRRRR. Cold here in Tennessee is way colder than the same temp in Ohio. Ok, I have had enough cold weather for the year, now is it Spring yet????? Just kidding, only day one of the real cold temps and it'll only get worse from here.

I will take my last round of antibiotics tonight and be done with the Zpack. Couldn't be happier because they do not like me. Very little appetite (wait, losing 7 pounds in a week isn't so bad.....can I have MORE of these dark pink pills?). Yesterday I only ate lunch, and barely half of it at that, today I had a little lunch and a full dinner.

I am feeling so, so, so much better. My voice is coming back too. I sound funny when I sing, but it doesn't hurt to sing anymore. I don't think I had but one or two coughs today too.

I am glad it's Friday. The girls are currently at daycare for Parent's night out. Dave and I went to Mexcal for dinner and came home to do some things. Well, I am not doing things right now, but will very soon join him. We decided to go through the kitchen cabinets and box up everything we do not need and better organize things. He is in there now pulling stuff out. We have slowly been going through things in the house and getting rid of the stuff we no longer need, want or use. Just dumb to keep it around taking up space. Well.....I need to go help make decisions, will finish this later.

BACK. Girls are back home, kitchen is all very neatly re-organized, I am warming up, the temperature outside has reached 19 degrees! Ok, seriously that calls for a HUGE AAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK! It really rarely is this cold here. I have a little electric heater at my feet and yep, I am feeling nice now! If only I had some hot chocolate! I only crave that a few times a year. Oh well, combined with the meds I am on it would probably make me ill to have it.

I would love a nice, hot bubble bath, but do you know how cold it is in my house? Right now our indoor thermometer gage says 60! It is warmer in our bedroom by a few degrees and of course upstairs is warmer. Granted we do keep the thermostat at 62 for evening, 64 for morning time and 60 for daytime. A lot of times the heat never has to kick on, except real cold nights like this. It really cuts back on heating bills. At night we just pile on blankets. But, it makes for some COLDNESS when wanting an evening bath. Perhaps I will just wait until morning when I will get a shower to wash my hair.

The girls are having a slumber party in Abbi's room. Don't worry, they will be asleep in a bit. They sure do not yet believe that slumber party=staying awake all night. We do not have to be anywhere until 10 in the morning. So, they are going to sleep almost 3-4 hours later than normal.....wanna take bets on if they still are awake before 7 am??? PLEASE NO, let them sleep until after 8.

When Abbi called down and said goodnight, she said NIGHT MA, NIGHT PA. She watched a Little House on the Prairie movie at school today. I love that show hehehe, but seriously, must she have called us MA and PA???? Abbi has another loose tooth. I wonder when Libbi will get one?

We have to do a project with Libbi in the next two weeks.....she has to decorate a paper Christmas tree. Oh my. She is so excited. The turkey involved pink and purple feathers and glue....wonder what strange stuff we will get for the tree? Abbi's grade is doing a Holidays Around the World unit ad we had to send in 3 bucks today for her "passport". Hmm....it sounds intriguing!

Me...my current task to entertain and teach my music classes about involves paper plates, rice/macaroni noodles/beans/and a BUNCH of staples. Yep....I am teaching a unit on Thanksgiving and the Indians and their instruments for celebrating. SO...they color the bottom of the plate, I put in a mixture of the noodles, rice, beans and fold the plate in half and staple it closed. Once we all finish, the classes get to learn how to use it as an ocean drum/rain stick, a rattle and a hand drum. I was shocked the 4th grade didn't think it was cheesy, in fact they really got into it and decorating with colors and patterns that looked like Indian lol.

The kids were just starting to get a bit nutso with the upcoming holiday, and forcing them to be quiet and sit and sing just was not working for some classes, so I switched the plans to allow them to be up and moving and making a little noise. Wasn't that utterly sweet and compassionate of me? Actually, saved my sanity if the truth be known. I put on Indian music as they colored and decorated and all was pretty good in Mrs. Z's music world.

Tomorrow Abbi has girl scouts, then we are switching out church group's closet to a bigger one in the church. After that we'll come home and then go to Kevin and Jen's for the PAC social in the evening. Instead of hauling our girls all the way to church for babysitting, we have hired one to just keep our girls here. Really, going 15 miles one way (20-25 minutes) and then coming all the way back THEN making the same trip to pick them up and bring them home is dumb and a waste of gas. Glad we were able to get Brooke for the evening.

Well, this gal is getting sleepy. GOSH, no wonder, as it is almost 11:30 pm. Is probably 16 degrees outside now.

No comments: