I am slowly getting better at last. I did return to work today and felt a lot better than I thought I would. I sound bad while singing (trying to sing, and well, ridiculous better explains how I sound TRYING to sing with my weak voice and lungs), but it no longer hurts to sing. I was prepared to leave work at noon if I needed to, but I made it all day and felt well enough to go teach my flute lesson tonight too. I also decided to stay for orchestra rehearsal and give that a try, we had tons of new music for our upcoming performances. Again, I made it quite nicely! I can breathe without pain and I only had a few coughing spells today. The hard part was bus duty this morning in the frigid air. I had my scarf and wrapped it around my mouth and nose so I would not breathe the cold stuff in, and it really helped! Thankfully by the time after school bus duty came it had warmed up to around 50!
I still have very little appetite. I had lunch and that is it for today. The PTA brought in Chikfila nuggets to the teachers, so I had about 7 of those and that was good! It managed to sit well with me too so that was even better! My antibiotics have kicked in. I really feel a little bit spunkier than I have in a few weeks now, I was battling sinus stuff for so long.
Update on Abbi's little dilemma last night with her lunch today. I made a point to call her early this evening before I had to teach a lesson and ask her how it went. As I suspected, she was NOT the only kid without a parent there for the special lunch. She said only about 6 others had parents there so it was all good. She was more excited that her sister got to eat lunch at the same time as her, 2 tables away. Go figure. Both girls were excited at the lunch and said it was good (we only let them buy lunch on Fridays for pizza day), so our combined meltdown tears last night were for nought.
Here's a shout out to my friends Sarah and Chris and Linda! I know you ladies check here to see how we are, and what we are up to, so THANKS and drop a line when ya can! Sarah, thanks for the info on adding blogs here, I will once I have some more free time (let's see......over break next week????). Oh, wait....I have to cook and entertain guests, so maybe over WINTER break in late Dec. Naw, I will get it figured out before then.
Anyways, off to bed. I slept awful last night after my two nights of sleeping 13-15 hours straight. I should be back on schedule tonight.
Bed, here I come. SOFT college blanket, ready????
No comments:
Post a Comment