No, I did not get that shower I spoke of just a few hours ago. Instead, as I was cleaning the kitchen, the girls were playing dress-up and came downstairs in their princess costumes with blankets tied around their necks. Apparently they wanted to be warm princesses. They started dancing and Abbi asked me how princesses dance. Well, I stopped what I was doing and showed the girls how to waltz. Oh what a treat that was, once each got their turn with me they then danced with each other and were just so sweet! They even showed off to Daddy when he got home.
The girls asked me to make them grilled cheese for lunch and if they could spread the blanket out on the floor and eat. I made grilled cheese sandwiches and vegetable beef soup...YUM. Nice lunch for a gloomy, chilly day.
He has them outside now, letting them run around while he works on the garage. I have decided to simply relax. I have my room heater going at my feet, am snuggled under a thick blanket and am watching tv and watching the roses and trees move with the breeze. It is a bit gusty outside, rain is coming. It's very cloudy and cool, the kind of weather that makes me just want to stay inside all day. It is not going to be easy to have to leave for rehearsal later.
No comments:
Post a Comment