Monday, November 17, 2008

Musical OVER!!!!

I made it through the musical, and it's a good thing it is OVER.....my coughing fits began this evening during act 1. I managed to play just fine somehow and while trying to "escape" before the photographer got the band in order for some shots afterwards, I was pulled back in. Oh man, I am sure I just didn't need to be in that picture, I tried to hide in the back. I hope I didn't ruin it. I thought the kids sounded great and it was nice seeing my students again. Don't worry, it in NO WAY made me miss my old job. In fact, it reminded me more of just how blessed I am to be where I am now.

It is good to be back home, and I plan on staying here for at least 24 hours while trying to make myself better. I got home and immediately changed into comfy clothes and set up camp on my couch with a nice thick blanket. I am so cold, so Dave brought me one of our little heaters and it is pointed at my feet. We do keep the house cold, but I am shivering! Last night I slept with an extra blanket.

I need to eat something, but I am just not hungry. My stomach is fine. If I were warmer I would get out of my cozy little nest and find something. All the extra "junk" in my mouth (ok, so it feels like I have twenty times the normal amount of spit in my mouth) may be making me not feel hungry. My stomach is growling though and with the antibiotic I really need to eat so my stomach doesn't get upset.

The girls don't like me sick, they do not like having to stay away from me and not be able to sit on my lap and give me kisses. Hopefully soon enough though.

I may just opt to go get a nice, hot bath and steam my face. The doctor said being around moist heat will help me. Plus it sure will feel nice.

Except....I just looked at the time. It is 11:50 pm. YIKES! Guess I didn't get home until after 10:30 and time just left. I will skip the bath and make me some toast instead. Eating is more important to my health than a bath.

No comments: