I pulled myself together and got the girls to their dance class and watched them. My Libbi decided to sit the last time through the dance out though, she was tired. We came home and had dinner and right as we finished, she looked at me and asked "Mommy, may I go to bed now?". Thankfully, she had packed her lunch and done homework while dinner was cooking, and had even got dressed for bed too. WOW, I of course told her she could go to bed. She did not even ask for a bedtime snack either. It was 7:19 pm. A whole hour earlier than she typically goes to sleep. Looks like her internal clock did not make the jump back. I wonder what time she will be awake in the morning? I was very proud of her telling me flat out that she was tired because most of the time she gets into a whiney and pouty state where she cannot accept any sort of reasoning to get through the "minor catastrophes" that seem to come up (not able to find a certain color crayon for her homework, not wanting to pick out clothes for the next day, and the list goes on).
Abbi is still awake (it is 8 pm) and has helped sweep and run the vacuum and get the house straightened up. I found a tad of energy after dinner and though I should take advantage of it and use it. But now the headache has come back and I have set up camp here on the couch again. Dave is at a meeting at church. Abbi will go to bed in 15 minutes.
I will make a go of it at going to work tomorrow. I am probably still not ready to go back, but I have my evaluation/observation tomorrow afternoon so I do not want to put that off. It is also voting day so I will go take care of that after school. I know who I am going to vote for, but I choose to keep my opinion to myself. My students and my own kids are curious. The schools are making a big deal of this, so naturally they want to know who us adults will vote for. However, I just do not feel that those little ones outside of my family need to know, they don't need to go home and tell their parents who I am voting for, just not something the world needs to know. Is that a bad thing?
OK.....time for the big girl to go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment