Sunday, November 9, 2008

HS Musical 3

Nicki and I took the girls to see HS Musical 3 tonight....not too bad! The girls behaved like perfect angels (I am very serious)! I ditched the PAC meeting at church tonight, Dave went on his own. We stopped and picked up candy and drinks for the girls at the store and then went on. I thought it would be packed, but wow was I wrong! Maybe 12 people in the movie (counting us). Nicki and I picked up popcorn and drinks for us and then we made the girls go potty and we went in. They really were perfect! At one point, Abbi crawled into my lap and put her arms around me.....bonding time and she wanted to be close to her momma. I couldn't help but think that in just a few short years she probably will not want to even hug me, let alone share a little love with me. I'll take what I can get and just enjoy it and write it down here for me to remember always.

Dave and I woke at 6 am this morning, and were out the door before 7 am to pick up the donuts for church. We also had to stop by Kroger and get the orange juice and some cups. Got to church and the girls helped us get the donuts set up, and ate a few too. I decided not to play with the orchestra today as I am still fighting sinus pressure and a headache that comes and goes without warning. Add to that a lack of people to help with the donuts because of the special ceremony at church, etc. I ended up doing most of the last (and largest Mass) myself. It is not hard to run it, but I knew that I had to leave early to meet Dave, Nicki and the girls in the church for the ceremony and plus I had not yet seen Dave in his full regalia (tux, feather hat, cape, sword). Well, the clean-up crew did not show up so I think I cleaned up faster than fast, and Kevin helped a bit too. I made it over to church just in time and we went in.

After church, we came home and made a very late lunch of breakfast food....yummy! Then all of us girls took a nap and when we woke it was time to go to the movie. Came home and then the girls ate a little something, got a bath and went to bed. They had no trouble getting to sleep. Dave and Nicki are watching some movie in the other room and I am in here catching up. It really is nice to have my laptop back again and working.

Tomorrow will be very boring at work. Thankfully, and mercifully, the principal has not scheduled meetings or workshops all day for us. Most of the time we will get to "work in our rooms, which means I will get lesson plans done for the next few weeks. The art, PE, library and music teachers will all go out to lunch somewhere.....I heard them talking about this Mexican place we went to during the week we had before the kids started, YUM! Tomorrow night I have a dress rehearsal at the high school for the musical. Fun. So starts my many evenings of not being home.

OH, a Libbi funny from today. We were eating and she had the syrup bottle and was reading letters off of it. She spelled out BUTTER perfectly and I asked her what the word was and her response was.....well, SYRUP. We laughed and laughed and then asked her what letter syrup started with and what the word butter started with. It was probably funner in person, but just the way she said it like she knew what it was and why didn't we know. She really is getting a lot better with her spelling, numbers and even is reading about 20 words.

Well, I am sleepy! Time for bed.

No comments: