The family is all back together in town again. Abbi and Dave had a wonderful time at Camp and I wanted to share her stories here before I forgot them.
They started the day with some fishing in the camp lake. Then, they moved to canoeing, which Abbi said made her very nervous so they did not go very far from shore. She said she had to sit very still and not turn around in the canoe while Daddy paddled so they would not tip. From the sounds of it, they were not in that canoe very long. She mentioned about going back to the dock and still having to wear her life jacket as she played.
They ate cheeseburgers for lunch and had spaghetti for dinner. This morning Dave said she ate like a horse.....biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, etc. She has got to be going through a growth spurt.
They had a campfire last night and made s'mores. She said they had stations set up for each process of thee smores where you woul sit in a chair nad have an adult help you.
Abbi said her cabin had 5 beds in it and that one of the event workers they called BANDAID slept in with them (there was an adult in each cabin).
She also made bracelets for her friends in crafts. She visited the camp store and got a purple mesh drawstring bag that she thinks is so cool.
She did NOT take a shower because she said I did not pack the right soap. I packed a small bar, I did not envision she would wash her hair and well, she was looking for THAT kind of soap as that is what she uses here at home...DUH MOM. Oh well, Dave didn't get a shower either so I don't feel too bad.
Dave did take pictures, but I haven't seen them. As soon as I got home, he left to go to a Knight's degree function at church, though should be back home any minute.
None too soon, I feel like crud, this darn sinus junk is getting to me and I really just want to lay down for a bit. With the time change, it will be dark soon after 5 pm. The girls were so cute, when we got home they played together, it was clear how much they had missed each other. Then they asked to go outside and play with some neighbors, so that is where they are now...enjoying the 75 degree temps, no shoes and LOVING IT. November and bare feet.....strange. The trees have really taken a turn to more color the last 24 hours and very, very soon they will be at peak color.
To stay awake and alert, I have tackled the task of making a grocery list and working on laundry. My head is pounding, my eyes and nose are throbbing and feel a bit like an elephant is sitting on my upper chest. I will break down tonight and take some PM meds for relief. It is doubtful that I will go to work tomorrow, I barely have a voice and need to preserve it for my evaluation Tuesday.
With that said...off I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment