Our lives are almost back to the normal grind...meaning we have returned to the usual routines. Playing and rehearsal at church today, getting ready to go back to work and school tomorrow, etc.
Our road trip yesterday was quite nice. We met up with Dan and some of the kids at the mall in Jackson. Oh wow were our girls in heaven with his two youngest. They walked through the mall all hand in hand and giggling and talking. It was mildly annoying as the mall was crowded and very narrow aisles, but the girls were happy. We looked in a few stores (well, I did) and then decided we should go across the street to McDonald's and let the girls all play in the huge indoor playground. Ok, so I did not suggest that, I am not keen on our girls playing in those dirty places, BUT well, ya know, it was special.
I felt very much like I was in a redneck family reunion. I tell you, this gal felt like the most sophisticated creature there! Dave's friend is and always has been a dork, and Dave can be like that at times too (though my husband wasn't really dorkish yesterday lol). However, there was not one, not two but THREE birthday parties going on for kids there......THEY were the ones full of rednecks. I really did feel a lot out of place, but my kids were happy and Dave was with his best friend of all times so I just dealt with it.
After we departed ways, we came back to our area of the state and I warmed up all the leftovers of Thanksgiving. It was really yummy. Dave went to bed before 9 pm and I was in bed soon after 10 pm. I forgot to set m alarm clock, so I slept too late to make it to the first service to play this morning.
The biggest news of the day is that we may get some snow flurries later...I sure hope so! I want to see snow. You never know down here if you will get a flurry or a big storm each year, so I will celebrate the flurry if we are so blessed to get it. The temps have been falling all day (the high was this morning at 45 degrees). Th wind has picked up and it is really cloudy.
The girls are up at Hanna's house playing. Dave is making some cheesecakes. I am trying to stay warm.
I forgot to type the other day about something the girls and I saw outside. We were sitting in the hearth room here looking outside at the birds. A blue bird was flitting around outside and the girls loved that. I looked up and saw a big, black and white bird that had red on it's head.....it was a WOODPECKER! It looked like Woody Woodpecker, and was sure beautiful. Fairly large and I was in awe. We have heard woodpeckers from time to time, but I have never seen one out there. He was just walking along the tree and finding a place to peck I guess.
Off I go....later.
No comments:
Post a Comment