Well, it appears to be over and Obama is the 44th President. To share the highlights of the day...
I voted after work. I arrived at the church in our town around 4:45 pm to a rather long line, though I parked right in front of the church. Maybe 80 people were in front of me outside, about 40 or more were inside. However, I quickly learned the line moved FAST! Gotta love small towns where there's just not a lot to vote on. I was in my car by 5:30 pm headed home.
Some girl funnies.....the girls of course were very excited about voting, the school held their own elections. So, I asked Abbi who she voted for, and she said McCain. She had some sort of chant that went along with it and said something about McCain was going to make webkins cost 25 cents (hmm, the school got a slogan perhaps???). I then asked Libbi, she said she voted for the "brown guy". OH MY! She couldn't tell me why, but I doubt it really matters anyways. I am glad the schools do use this as a teaching tool for the kids. My own school did today as well.
I was very surprised at the new, updated voting booths. Last time I voted in a presidential election, they were these huge things that looked very old. However, this time they were small and touch screen. You were given a card to put in the machine that would allow you to vote. I imagine the results were stored on the computer that was the actual station. I sure hope so! It was very easy and there were but a few items on it. See, in TN, where we live, we do not vote on things like school or tax levies....or things that can make a ballot very, very lengthy. Sure helps when having to stand in line.
I did make it to school today. I still do not feel great, but I do feel better. For all of my morning classes, I showed a video. I did teach this afternoon. My observation/evaluation was my last class of the day, with a kindergarten class. I taught the drum lesson I had taught to all the other classes last week. I thought it went quite well! I had a plan period right afterwards, so I immediately typed up my reflecting sheet and turned that in. Tomorrow I will complete the other paperwork I have to turn in as well. NOW< to have a conference with that principal about how things went and then my next (and last) evaluation will be a drop-in by the main school principal. This should be in the next few weeks. THEN, the process will be over and I will get those final grades and look forward to doing it again next year and work my way towards tenure. My laptop is having issues. The internet connection stopped out of the blue and we could not get it up and running. I have had problems the last week or so, mainly due to what I thought (and still do think) was the way Dave had the settings. He says nope, he thinks a virus. So, it is in safe mode and he is running the virus check and repairing it. That program has been running every day and has been doing its job, but he thinks something got by. I still do not agree with him, but what do I know? I am currently on his laptop updating this blog I have vowed to do the blog every day this month, some campaign many bloggers have jumped on. Since I do not know how to do the little extra things here (add a counter....man I want one, add other little neat things, etc) I can't. Oh well.
So, after I got home, and Dave got home with the girls (it was watch week for Abbi's ballet class today) I made dinner and then Abbi went to get a shower. Libbi was upstairs cleaning her room and when I asked her to come down for her turn in the shower.....I heard nothing, I went upstairs, and there was my precious girl all tucked in her bed fast asleep. This is the second night she has gone to bed immediately after dinner, without a snack. She is so tired. She was awake well before 6 this morning. The girls internal clock is so messed up with the time change. She has ALWAYS been one that operates with the daylight, whereas Abbi is already on the new clock. Poor Libbi, it is tough being sensitive to night/day! Lunches did not even get made tonight. Abbi did get her clothes ready. I helped Abbi work on her closet and room, we again threw a BUNCH of stuff away...junk that just wasn't necessary. I am pleased with how we have really downsized the past few months in there! Dave will help Libbi with her room and I told Abbi she could conquer under the bed tomorrow night. Nicki is coming for the weekend, YAY!
Well, not going to type much more....need to get to bed because I have to be at school at 7:30 am to teach choir. I am very excited about that! They get their program music and I LOVE it!
No comments:
Post a Comment