Ok, so it is only going to be a daytrip, but we are going to get in the van and GO. Go where you ask? Well, to Jackson, TN. About an hour NE of us. We are going up to pay a visit to some friends from Ohio who are with family there but will be heading back to Ohio this evening. We just found this out so the kids are scurrying to get dressed and we'll leave within the hour.
So, I will NOT get the laundry task completed that I started so eagerly this morning after Dave's Dad and Aileen left (nor will I get the 4 loads already clean and dry folded...but wait, do I EVER stay on top of folding???? Um, no).
I had envisioned us having a nice, leftover dinner this evening....maybe we can still do that. But a roadtrip??? WHOO HOO. Good thing I just soaked in my tub for a good hour, enjoying some peace and quiet while the girls played quietly upstairs. Grandma and Grandpa taught them how to play Go Fish and Solitaire and they love, love those games. Abbi s good at them both, Libbi still makes up her own rules. Really though, in the big scheme of things it does not matter right now. The girls have mostly gotten along wonderfully with all this time together and that makes me less stressed. I admit, this was the LEAST stressed holiday I think we have experienced yet. Oh, they had their moments, but only a few and quickly got past them.
Well, time to fix the girls hair, fix mine and throw my shoes on. Gotta fly.
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment