Tuesday, November 11, 2008

DAY OFF!!!

YAHOOO......a day off. We slept in late (well, tried to, the girls were awake and loud at 6:45). Dave just left to go do another Veteran's Day ceremony with the Knights. The girls are straightening their rooms and I am about to jump in the shower. I really don't know what we will do this afternoon. I know I am making dinner then leaving at 5:30 to go to the HS for a dress rehearsal for the musical. A nice, lazy day.

Yesterday I had in-service at school...basically a couple of very short meetings and then we had a lot of time to work in our rooms. I got everything ready for Wednesday then started working on lesson plans for the rest of the semester. I was hoping to get finished before leaving school, but the principal let us go over an hour early and was turning the alarm on so we could not stay as I had intended. Oh well. I went to the eye doc to have them finally order the correct contacts for my left eye, returned some pants at the mall, got gas in my car (for $1.83 a gallon!!!!!), then headed to Walmart. WEIRD...I called Dave and he too was headed there after his last ceremony. So, we met there and got what we needed, and I still had an hour to kill. He suggested we go have dinner, just us. So, we went to this little Mexican place. It was really nice to have some alone time to talk and be together. The girls were at daycare until 6. See, the thing is this, we live 10-15 miles from where I work (20-30 minute drive depending on traffic), and all these things. It is silly to drive all the way home, just to have to turn around and go right back for rehearsal or other things. I typically just stay a little later at school and get things done or run errands since everything is down there near work. When gas was double the cost I got into this routine, but it's a good one to stay with. Not much fun being in the car all the time.

Anyways, the girls were playing school earlier, and I caught Libbi saying the word cat and then spelling it...WOW! My girl. They have succeeded in making messes everywhere this morning and we told them that we will not go anywhere or do anything until they have returned things to a sense of neatness. I am working on laundry and did lots of other things since I will be fairly busy the next several days/nights.

No comments: