I feel no better...in fact I feel worse. While I can still function, this cold/sinus or whatever has moved way down into my chest. It hurts and even breathing I feel some pain. One of the girls in orchestra is currently a resident at the hospital (on er shift this month) and said this morning that it sounds like I might have pneumonia....YIKES! You may ask then why was I there at church playing when feeling so lousy...well. I am typically the only flute player at the first service, and then the second service others are usually there. If Molly is there, then all is good and she can more than handle things. BUT, Molly sang with the Praise Team today so she did not play. Add to that it was a HUGE playing day for the orchestra (10 songs, 4 of them us only) so the parts definitely called for flute and piccolo. I could not just leave them in a lurch, even with the fact that I should have been home in bed. Besides, I needed to use it as a warm-up for playing the musical this afternoon.
Oh man, I could not have been a happier woman when all the performances were said and done and my poor lungs finally had a chance to rest. My voice is so weak, almost gone and sounds pitiful. I still sound worse than I feel, BUT that elephant sitting on me is getting a lot heavier.
So, I called in sick for tomorrow and will get to the doctor. I tried going yesterday but he was out of town, so I am hoping he is back tomorrow. Otherwise I will have to go to an urgent care or something. At the very least I need drugs....drugs to allow my lungs to rest, to take away the pain and to make me better. I am scared if it is pneumonia. I HOPE it is something "better" like bronchitis. At this point I just want to be better. I don't care how.....give me shots, give me yucky drugs, just make me feel better and be able to breathe deep and talk.
I have just one more performance of the musical Monday night. I wanted to cancel out of today's performance, but I could not just leave them in a lurch...it's my nature. Probably has made me worse to be playing, but well....
Abbi seems to have a touch of a cold too....Libbi did last week. PLEASE let them not progress any further, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, let alone my children.
:( Coughing just plain hurts and in the last 30 minutes has started to happen a lot more. I am going to head on to sleep before I can no longer perhaps peacefully fall asleep. I will give an update after the doctor visit tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment