It has officially begun, THANKSGIVING BREAK! It was so strange at work before I left to rip off the November page of my calendar and see December. The school year is but 15 working days shy of being HALF OVER! Wow. Where the heck is time going?
The kids were nuts today, I did my very best to keep them occupied enough to not get too crazy and out of control, while having fun. Somehow, we all made it through the day. The kids in the last class were the worst, but we survived. The principal and I did a happy dance when the last bus rolled away after school.
I filled up the van with gas for $1.55 a gallon. It just keeps dropping.
BUT, by filling the van up, I took for granted that Dave was going to pick Abbi up from dance class. It ends at 5:15. Well, I had to wait for a while in the gas line and I got home at 5:30. I came in and asked Dave where Abbi was. He said, "she isn't with you?" I thought and hoped he was kidding. He wasn't. So, he took off to go get her. Right after he left her dance teacher called, worried something was wrong with us because we are always there. She was so relieved it was a little misunderstanding. She had taken Abbi in with her to teach her next class, so Abbi wasn't too worried or upset.
Once we were all home, I made us Skyline 3 ways for dinner.....oh yum! The girls are in bed and Dave went to the grocery store. I sent him with a big list of everything we will need for our big Thanksgiving dinner and our guests. I am sitting here watching Biggest Loser with my little heater pointed at my feet.
Dave's Dad and Aileen will be here late tomorrow afternoon, I can't wait to see them! We'll drop the girls off at daycare early in the morning. We have to pay for the entire week anyways and they do fun stuff all day on off school days, so they will have a great time. Dave and I will get our turkey's brining by noon and get lots of other things done too. I think he is going to breakfast with a bunch of the "old timer" Knight's, so he is excited.
Not much else to type about tonight. Abbi just came down and cuddled up with me. The girls were having a slumber party in Libbi's room. Libbi fell asleep but Abbi couldn't sleep so she is with me. I sure don't mind a bit of girl time with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment