Wednesday, November 5, 2008

UGH...laptop is sick

I am on Dave's laptop right now and am NOT used to it by any means. Not sure I even like it. Trying to get a bunch of things done so he can kill my laptop and start over. He thinks the security thing for it messed something up with the internet, it refuses to connect. It needed to be wiped clean and started over anyways, it has been a LONG time since that.

Today was pretty good. I felt a bit better.

I got to work early to work with my choir, passed out their new music for the Dec. programs and I knew they would love it, AND I WAS RIGHT! They absolutely loved all my selections, except an Islamic song, but that was only because they thought it was hard to sing the words, until they knew them. I have decided to invite 3rd graders in as well to have my total numbers reach 40 or so. I want a full-sounding group. The hour went by very quickly! My follow-up conference on my evaluation yesterday will be Friday morning, I am anxious to see how she thought it went. I have just a little bit of paperwork to finish before I get it all turned in tomorrow.

I had orchestra tonight and we have somewhat boring music for Sunday, but we spent most of the time on the Singing Tree music. It is fun. I also got there early and worked on the Man of La Mancha music that I will be performing with the hs band next week. The new director asked me to play because the flute parts are kind of difficult and the other gals could not handle the part all the way. QUITE honored to be back with a bunch of my students playing, but it is going to keep me busy for a week. Then we will be getting near Thanksgiving then Singing Tree and Majesty and Christmas. I feel busier now than when I taught band, but I know I am not. No more 100 plus hours per week at school. Now my playing keeps me busy.

I worried Elizabeth would wake at 4 am this morning, NOPE...they both actually had to be awakened at 6:30 am, not too shabby. I asked Dave t make her get a shower BEFORE dinner tonight and to make her lunch and finish her homework before dinner as well. Good thing, he said right after dinner she again asked to go to bed. Poor girl, the time change just does her in.

Well, I am trying to blog every day this month and so far am successful! My laptop should be working soon again and I will be much more comfy.

YAWN, bedtime. Tomorrow is a busy day.

No comments: