We were sitting and down and eating dinner (well, I was pushing it around on my plate in between bites) and as we were almost done, Abbi looks at me and says "I am the only one without a parent coming to the Thanksgiving lunch at school tomorrow". And then she started crying. Dave and I looked at her, looked at each other and I lost it and tears came to my eyes also. I told her to come to me and we just cried. I told her that Mommy and Daddy had to work, and then asked her how she knew that everyone else's parents were going to be there. She said "they just are". I do not believe her, but I told her that I thought she wouldn't be the only one. If she is, I told her she could sit with one of her friends parents. That seemed to sit well with her. Dave and I just looked at each other. We explained we have to work (I am up to going back to work tomorrow and Dave can't miss since he boss is away at a funeral and he needs to pick up his workload as well). She understood, but was still sad. Even Libbi started crying, but it was short lived. My Abbi is sensitive just like me, and can be pushed to tears at the slightest thing. Oh how I feel for her. So,I gathered both girls in my arms and we had a little "girl cry". It soon was over as Abbi got to laughing and we moved past that moment.
GEEZE!!!!! Yeah, yeah, I know....with girls it only gets worse each year they get older.
So, I did manage to eat some lunch and some dinner. Good thing, the antibiotics are messing with me a bit. I managed half a small chicken breast and mashed potatoes for dinner. I did have a few coughing fits this afternoon and had a headache that did go away. I am not looking forward to bus duty in the morning...it is going to get in the upper 20s tonight so it will still be cold and they are saying breezy...which means cold air for my lungs, yuck. I already have my scarf ready to wear around my mouth to keep the air out while my lungs are healing.
The girls are sitting at my feet with Libbi's library book....one of those I spy type books where you have to find the listed items on the pages. They are doing it together, so precious. Before dinner they were playing school together so nicely upstairs. It brought me back to 30 years ago when my sister and I would do the same thing. Happy sigh.
1 comment:
Try "Add a Gadget" from the layout page then add the "Blogroll." I didn't even know you had one, so I've added you now...Looks like I have some reading to do!! :)
Post a Comment