As I readied the girls for Trick or Treat, I got quite a shock. The news was on in another room and I heard that a principal had been arrested for sexual assault. I turned one ear that way, figuring it would be at some inner city school, but no....it was where I was last year. Turns out it was the very principal who made my life miserable. According to news reports, a month ago he met a potential student's mother for dinner at a restaurant (doesn't that seem odd and a bit off kilter and far from professional?) and asked her to go home with him. He is married and has spoken highly of his wife (no children) but according to this woman, he said she was out of town. The woman got uncomfortable and left, but the report says he followed her to her car and asked yet again, then kissed her and touched her on the hip. Not sure what happened after that but he was arrested last night, released on bond, and the school district placed him on administrative leave today pending an investigation.
WOW. I can't begin to tell you how shocked I was to hear this. I knew he treated me unfairly last year, and that he did not believe in female band directors, and certainly he did not believe in me and made my life miserable, but this?? Even if it turns out not to be true, he has ruined his own reputation. A reputation he flaunted to us to be holier than thou in public but behind closed doors was mean and spiteful and basically a jerk to those of us he did not care for. I could have taken him to court and probably had a great case against him, but I did not do so because I was simply trying to make it day to day for my students and really had no energy left to fight him. Now look, he has brought himself down all on his own, with or without it being true.
So a little part of me is sad that he may have stooped to this level. He did make many good changes to the school by making it safer, making it run smoother, etc. He may not have been nice to his staff, but he did implement many good things for the school. I feel badly for his wife, again even if it is true or not because she certainly does not deserve any of this.
Just more proof that me not being there anymore is a good thing. Apparently the students and teachers knew this news all day. On top of Halloween craziness at school, this was going around....what a mess. I was at my school teaching little kids to play drums and listening to them enjoy their Holiday Parties hehe.
Enough about this.
Abbi ad Dave are all packed for Camp Kiwani now. They will leave about 6:30 am and not return until after lunch Sunday. The weather looks to be beautiful. Libbi is so excited to have me all to herself. I don't even know what our plan is for tomorrow, but does it really matter.?
So, Halloween......the girls went as cowgirls and they headed to Kevin and Jen's with Dave after I got them ready so they could trick or treat with them. I stayed home to give candy out. By the time they got to our house, Libbi stopped and decided to stay with me and hand candy out. Around 8:15, we had no more kids and came inside. She laid on the couch in her costume and fell asleep. She still is asleep next to me and I will just let her stay there. Abbi got a bath when she finally came back home and fell asleep quickly too. I have all of her things on my bed ready to go, just need to get them in a duffel bag.
With that, off I go to finish her bag.
No comments:
Post a Comment