I missed blogging yesterday because my laptop is messed up and I could not get online to update....pooh. I so wanted to blog every day of November...oh well. He is going to kill it and start over for sure now.
Anyways, my sinus infection is bugging the heck (and more) out of me and driving me nuts. No time to get into the doctor with this schedule. Maybe next week. I have had on and off headaches the whole week and no relief in getting rid of all the congestion. At least I have felt peppy most of the time, so that helps a lot. Libbi is VERY stuffy right and now and nose running a lot. This just started today with her...good thing she has no school until Wednesday.
Each girl and I took an evening this week to really clean their rooms. The change of seasons seems to be the best time for this. We did Abbi's room Tuesday evening, and again threw a bunch of stuff away. Her room is back to being completely organized again. Libbi and I did her room tonight, I went through every stitch of her clothing and got the summer stuff sorted (either bagged for next spring or put in with the other too small things). Her room was mostly clean and organized, so that did not require a lot of attention.
I am trying desperately to catch up on folding laundry. I caught up last weekend, but then it never got taken upstairs and so I have been doing laundry every teeny time I have been home this week and am now about 3 baskets to fold. I will finish this tonight and Dave will get everything upstairs into the girls rooms in the morning.
My bedroom needs some attention too, switching the cold and warm clothes around. I won't begin to discuss the office. The rest of the house is very orderly and neat.
This matters because we have company coming tomorrow....NICKI is coming to see the girls and us. We are all excited and I really do not have that busy of a weekend for a change. We are off school Mon and Tues for Veteran's Day (well, Monday is teacher in-service so I do have to go in, but we get lots of time to work in our rooms so I will get ahead on lesson plans).
Last night, I was up at the HS to practice for the musical. WOW...how candid and funny and crude those kids (and adults) are..in a nice way, compared to my angelic elementary students I see each day now. It was great to be back with them having fun and also the music is really cool. I will be dress rehearsaling, performing etc from Nov 10-17....EEEEEEKKKKK! I will not go home after school at all this coming week. Poor Dave.
I had my observation/evaluation follow-up meeting with one of the principals today and it went GREAT! She said I did a wonderful job. WHEW! She gave me some pointers and I already applied them within the lessons. I just want to be prepared for the BIG EVAL with the main principal...I expect it to be soon. It is unannounced, so that is the bad part.
Abbi is doing her bridging up to Brownies ceremony tomorrow morning at her troop meeting. How special! I will take pictures.
So, back to work....I now have 50 students in my choir. I added 3rd grade since only 15 4th grade signed up and I wanted a full group. I am VERY happy and can't wait to hear how they sound together Wednesday morning! WHOO HOO! I am thinking continuity, long term..I want to be in this position for a long time. I feel at home there. My ONLY complaint is the late start time which translates to not being able to leave until around 5 pm each day. It makes it difficult to get into the doctor myself, taxi the girls around, etc. But I like not having to be to work until 8:30 am.
That's about it for now.....I have other things to check so I can let Dave back on his laptop here that I am using....ick.
No comments:
Post a Comment