Monday, September 29, 2008

Just a normal evening at HOME

I left work at 4:30 pm and headed HOME. How nice is that? I got home to a quiet house, and promptly put the chicken pot pie in the oven for dinner after crawling into some comfy clothes. I then did some straightening, got some laundry going and enjoyed a few minutes of complete silence.

Then my troops got home and I set the girls onto picking up a few things and shoes they had downstairs. We talked about their days and Dave packed for his trip to Indiana for work. Libbi did not get a great conduct mark today. I knew when she walked out the door this morning it wasn't going to be good. The girls have had a few busy evenings, but fared well. They finally crashed Saturday night and slept in a bit Sunday. However, Dave felt they also needed a nap in the afternoon (I was not home). So, they slept about 2 hours. Fast forward to bed time, do you honestly think that went well? Nope....the girls were awake and kept getting out of bed for almost 2 hours! Naturally, this would affect the entire day today. Libbi woke up difficult. I don't blame her as she was cranky from not being able to get in her full night's sleep. So, she argued with Dave and I on which shoes to wear to school, I had to give the fight up because it was time for her to go on to the bus stop or miss the bus. However, Dave came into the room as I was going to send them out the door, and yelled at her for not wearing her gym shoes. She had a small meltdown and broke into tears, he just yelled at her more until I stepped in and said we needed to lose this battle because she could not miss the bus. Poor girl was just a mess leaving for school and I know it set the tone for the rest of the day.

AM I excusing her behavior? No way. But my husband should know better than to pick a battle when there is no time for the kids to fix things.

Sigh.....

Abbi had a great day at school and did as much homework for the week tonight that we could squeeze in. I had Libbi do most of hers for the week as well. Wednesday, I have to be at the church to teach lessons then for an important orchestra rehearsal. Since Dave will not be here, a neighbor will watch the girls. I surely do not wish to leave any homework to be done that evening.

Well, I need to get to sleep. Still trying to catch up on the busy weekend.

No comments: