I am happy to report that after a very busy weekend, I will be home 4 of the 5 evenings this week! Dave is going out of town to Indiana Tues-Thursday for work and it works out pretty well that I am not swamped. I will try to leave school a little early Tuesday so I can get Abbi to ballet, and Wednesday a neighbor will keep the girls after school until about 9 pm due to me teaching lessons at the church and having an important practice I just cannot miss. I do not seem to have a million things to get done, so I will be able to relax and enjoy my children.
I had a great birthday! The girls and Dave gave me cards this evening, so sweet. Weird because while I was headed home this evening from church I got to realizing I hadn't been given any cards by my husband or kids. Dave got me my gift a week ago, so I sure wasn't really expecting a card, but he knows I love getting them.
So, my alarm clock went off at 7:30 am and I surely did not want to get out of bed. I did though and got a shower and headed to church to play for morning services. The music was a bit of a mess...strange cuts, no real practice on it after focusing on one particular piece so long we almost did not make it in time into the sanctuary. Turns out I could have stayed home, but I am glad I went. I had a tough time staying awake during the sermon, but it was interesting and that helped. Since I did not want to drive home, then have to turn right back around and go back up to church, I went to my eye doc and got my last contact check-up done, and ordered my new contacts. These are a new kind and I thought they would be a lot more expensive, especially since I have to change them every two weeks instead of once a month...but nope, actually the same price. Will be glad when they come in. I then went to Ruby Tues in the mall for lunch, and after sitting for almost 15 minutes without my waiter showing up, I asked for the manager. He came and took my order and said I wouldn't be getting a bill, he;d cover my lunch and was sorry. I heard him asking the waiter why he didn't acknowledge me and he said he was busy taking other orders. Considering the place wasn't too crowded, and the look on the manager's face, I do not think he believed him at all. I NEVER did get an apology from the waiter,and he actually tried to plain avoid me. I would not have been a jerk to him, as the manager had rectified the problem and my free lunch was to show up very soon! I then walked around a few of the stores in the mall and ended up in Dillard's. Been a long time since I went in that store, and gee they do have some cute stuff. This kept me awake because since I had not worn my contacts to the doc I had to change into them then wait an hour. During the wait is when I got dinner etc. I got back up to church and we did a run of all the music and it was pretty neat. I got home around 9 pm and got a nice bubble bath. I did not get to see my girls today. They had fallen asleep downstairs last night since we got home so late, so I left them where they were on the couches. When I left this morning, they were still asleep. I KNOW they were exhausted! Dave said he also gave them a 2 hour nap today....and he wondered why they why they had no interest in going to bed at 8 pm haha. Right now, I am the one nodding off and they are asleep.
Such is the way of my life. Crazy and hectic but mine and I love it! Now, my pillow is calling me. 8 hours of sleep is the goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment