I am feeling refreshed and rested. I was nearing exhaustion. I didn't tell anyone, but at orchestra last night there came a point I got very dizzy and lightheaded and knew if I had to stand up at that moment I would surely topple over. It passed though and by the end of rehearsal the dizziness was gone. For a few minutes there, it felt and looked as if the world was sideways and I was fighting for a battle to stay in it and up. I felt normal by the end of practice. That was surely a strange few minutes.
Anyways...I got in bed before 11:30 pm last night and we were awakened at 7:05 am to the girls asking us why we were still asleep. Dave forgot to set his alarm. For once, we were very glad our girls have an internal alarm clock and they were such happy girls and as we all hurried, I was awestruck that I was able to get them out the door at precisely 7:12 am, NORMAL TIME, to go catch the bus. They may have had baggies of crackers to eat for breakfast fr the walk to the bus stop, but they were dressed, hair brushed, school things ready to go in the span of just 7 minutes from the time we opened our eyes. The girls cooperation is to be commended. It was then that I did a few things around the house and then was back in bed myself by 8:00 am. I did not move or open my eyes until 11:39 am, when I saw the time I knew I was certainly cured of all exhaustion and those ugly black circles under my eyes would be gone.
SO, you want a list of everything I have done since 11:39 am? Here goes:
-made the innards for a chicken pot pie, but from the looks of it I have enough for 3 dinners....whoo hoo I get to put my freezer to work and store good food for the family for nights I am gone. I used cream of chicken soup (the low fat kind) and added spices and REAL veggies. Chicken is last to go in as it is currently boiling on the stove.
-put shredded pork shoulder in the crock pot for tonight when we have guests to help get ready for Trivia Night (AFTER defrosting)
-3 loads of laundry have been washed and dried (not folded, I know, my weakness...but they are neatly stowed in laundry baskets)
-straightened and cleaned the kitchen counters, emptied dishwasher. Only to fill it again and it is currently running.
-printed off some things for trivia night
-played with Shakespheare, the cat, he can't figure out why Mommy is home on his normally peaceful and quiet day.
- went outside to get the mail, and it looks like something left us a "present". There was a dead mouse on the walkway. So cute, fresh kill or death, hardly all stiff yet. I left it there and my husband will dispose of it when he gets home.
-about to sweep the kitchen floors, mop and run the vacuum. I LOVE cleanness!
-at some point need to go to the grocery and get some buns and other fixins for the BBQ dinner tonight.
-i have NOT had a shower, though I am dressed and brushed my hair.
-caught up on work emails
-registered 3 more teams for our trivia night and discussed the babysitting with my friend who is heading that part of the event.
-watched, or rather listened to, a great Dr. Phil show that was about "Firepoofing" your marriage and it had footage from the movie being released too. It is amazing Dave and I are still married after what I heard today, I will count my blessings ten thousand fold.
-I am about to go upstairs and clean the bathroom (God help me)
Well, my break time is over. OMG a dog is on Oprah who can do math with his paw, I have no words for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment