Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One more day of physical therapy! Then I graduate!!!

Yes, you read that right. I have just one more session of physical therapy left! Thursday I'll get one last set of treatments and be sent home with a regimen of strengthening exercises. My therapist says I have the full range of motion back. While there is scar tissue around tears, the fact that it is stronger and that the tendon that had the most damage is doing well, we think I will be ok as long as I keep it strong. My condition is chronic, and it could come back in full force at any time, and without warning. But, since I am no longer conducting a hs band and having all that stress on the arm, the prognosis is pretty good. He will have a bunch of info for me Thursday when he releases me officially.

I still have tenderness in the area the gal worked on last week, and my regular therapist said he can't figure out why she "messed with" that area as it never caused me any sort of concern. It is getting better though and he said to ice it and take the meds to keep the swelling and pain down.

:)

How nice it will be to not have to go two times a week after work. More time at home, more time with the girls and Dave! I wasn't getting home until almost 6:45 those nights, and then trying to cram in dinner, homework, laundry, you name it was TOUGH! I could not manage to get the girls in bed before 8:30-8:45 the nights Dave had meetings and was gone, but now I stand a chance! I did get them in bed at 8:15 tonight, mostly because it was a light homework night.

Well, a hot bath is calling my name very loudly! The temp did not get above 73 degrees today so I've felt chilly all day. But gosh I love when there is a chill in the air! It is supposed to be near 90 by the end of the week again, but then go into the 70s by the beginning of next week.

OH....gas prices: I paid $3.34 per gallon tonight, not bad considering the ave. around here is near $3.50.

bath and me DATE TIME!

No comments: