Friday, September 19, 2008

Early birthday gift

My husband took me to get my birthday gift tonight....a brand new cell phone, the Blackberry Pearl.

For the same monthly amount I was paying for my old phone and just a typical plan, I now have unlimited FULL internet (browser too), unlimited texts, 500 calling minutes, free to network customers, mp3 player and camera. They threw in an extra computer cable for free as well as an extra battery and a charger.

At first, I had my eye on the Centro, but it was more than double the cost of this phone and after talking with the sales rep, I see the Pearl is more designed for women to hold comfortably and has some updated features too.

It takes time for it to sync with the network and get going.....but by morning it should be set to go. I did figure out how to change the ringer.

This is going to take some getting used to. It is quite high tech (and I am not quite so).

The guy gave me all sorts of handouts to help me through things, for where to go for free music, ringtones or other sorts of great info.

I am officially TIRED! It was parent's night out, where the daycare is open from 7-11 pm. We dropped the girls off, went to the mall to the cell phone stores, then wet too dinner. We were the only people in the restaurant (a little Mexican place nearby). Dave dropped me at home then went to get the girls at 9:45. He had to go back down to church tonight to run as security in the church parking lot for the huge neighborhood garage sale going on on that street. One of the Knights has a huge camper and they hang out there....shooing off people who try to park in the church parking lot for the sale. Sounds mean, but our church parking is needed for events going on at the church. He is there until about 6 am.

I am excited at the idea of the entire bed to myself. The girls have been asleep upstairs for over an hour. I've not turned on any tv...so it is fairly quiet in here. I know they were tired, as am I. It has just been a long week and very busy! BUT....good.

And, of course I am hearing some thunder too...sigh. We've got a speckling of storms around town tonight. I wish the girls and I were at church with Dave so we could watch the storms from there!

NIGHT!

No comments: