Well, my host currently has orders in my system for $400 with still several outside orders she will collect this week before I close the show. I held the cooking show today and I think when I am on my own it will be MUCH easier! We had it at Jana's house, and I did recipes I was not familiar with and used all of her PC products because she offered (and she has way more of the newer stuff than me).
Only a few people actually showed up, all friends of mine and all VERY familiar with PC products. There was no need for me to go on and on about them, so we simply did hands on making the recipes. No need to bore here with what was made, but it went ok. I felt a bit scattered not knowing exactly where everything was and Jana has about EVERYTHING and of course we wanted to use and show as much as we could!
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to enter the orders on the program I have and once I am ready to close it, I will simply submit it online, apparently not a big deal at all. The items are shipped to the host's home, so I do not have to mess with that either. Really quite easy!
Depending on how many more orders Ellen can get, I will make at minimum around $100 on this show! Not bad at all for what really is not a lot of work and only a few hours worth of work. I will get into a system. I plan to do a lot more shows in the summer when I am home more, but I will get what I can in during school, it is easy money!
I have fallen in love with just ONE of the newer products...the deep dish baker. We used it to microwave a pork tenderloin and OMGosh, it cooked for 15 minutes and was completely done and VERY good! I have so many of the products as it is (though many of mine are much older versions, they still do the trick), and am NOT into this to just build my kitchen stuff collection. But, I want that baker. You can put anything intended for a crock pot in it and cook in under 20 minutes in the microwave instead of for hours in the crock pot. So many crock pot recipes you have to almost wait until the morning of to get it ready, and of course I am running around at that time trying to get out the door, yet just by using this baker, it makes it all a breeze.
So, my goals for my new business.....find a handful of recipes I know inside and out and use those as a base for hosts to select from. If I am super familiar with the recipe, I will be able to breeze through it and not have to look at the recipe over and over and over and over. I will then make a list of what products to take with me, no I refuse to drag EVERYTHING because that would mean I also have to carry it into the home and out of and back into mine....NOPE, not gonna happen. Jana said I will get comfortable with figuring out how to show a variety of things as well as how to make do with just the necessities in products. Another goal is to do work with the girl scout troop and have a session with them to work on a cooking badge, and invite the parents while I show/use the products with children! I also would like to check into doing a fundraiser PC party with a group. So many possibilities!
This is not going to consume my life. I love my teaching job and this is just something for the side. I have just now found my family and own life again after a few years of not really having any of it (by my own choice and doing due to career selection choice).
Well, I NEED to go to bed. But first, one story.....
Last night, after going through everything to get ready for the show today, I went to bed very late. I got to watching the end of some really corny, campy movie about big foot. I watched the end and fell asleep after 1 am. I then crawled through layers of sleep to hear a "Mommy, I am scared" and I opened my eyes to see my youngest daughter looking right into my face just inches away and it scared the beeheebies out of me! I screamed, and that woke Dave up, while Libbi's face started to curl up to cry because she thought she was in trouble. OH MY! I was fully awake by then and stopped her tears before they could fall and once I got my heart back inside my chest I sent her back to sleep with a solution to the problem as to why she was scared (simply turn the kitchen light up some, she had fallen asleep on couch so I let her stay there).
So started my night. I slept AWFUL, my children then woke before 6 am and were playing and so forth. We finally managed to get them upstairs and quiet and by then it was time for me to get up to get ready to go play at church. Sigh...oh well. I probably would have slept really well had I not been scared to weirdness by my own daughter. But in no way am I angry at her, I think it is now really funny!
Here's to a better night of sleep and a good MONDAY....
No comments:
Post a Comment