The girls both earned the highest conduct marks, my physical therapy went well, and Dave is out running some errands.
It was a little hard to go back to work/school after a long weekend, but the day went really well!
My physical therapy went pretty well.....I did the arm bike, had the ultrasound therapy, lifted a few weights and did some wrist curls with the big elastic ropes. Then, because I was so sore last week, he did a "more intense" icing of the elbow before I left. A styrofoam cup had been frozen with about half full of water, he chipped the bottom of the cup off to expose the ice and put that directly on the elbow. He said he wants me to do this at home or at work if I even start to feel a twinge or pain because the tendon is still quite swollen. Wat is different about this is that it is a LOT colder and has to be kept moving over the area so that it will go more deeply instead of mainly topically. He said that while it has felt really good and not appeared swollen to me the past few days, the tendon is still swelling more than it should. However, it is getting better. I have another session Thursday then on Tues/Thur next week. I MIGHT be released after that or at least sent back to the doctor for a check-up for him to release me. I think a doctor has to be the one to release you from therapy, not the therapist....not sure yet. We'll see!
Some even better news! Libbi is starting to recognize letters and she can read 3 words now! She can read am, I and the. Oh, how proud of her I am! I knew once she gt away from her sister that she would take a much more active role in learning and applying herself. Now, she is able to allow Abbi to help her instead of having her do everything for her. Libbi even had a great day behavior-wise too! One day at a time with her.
We've been blessed that the girls come home tired and once we get through dinner, homework, etc they are more than ready for bed and fall asleep quickly! I like this. They both seem to have little colds, pray they stay just that. I put them to bed about 25 minutes earlier tonight thinking the extra rest will do them good.
Well, I've got some school work to do before bed. Tomorrow I only teach 4 of the 7 "periods" so I look forward to jumping even further ahead!
No rain yet from Gustav, which is so far skirting to our west. I think it will curve then we'll get some later in the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment