Friday, September 5, 2008

SPA AFTERNOON tomorrow

A friend and I are going to the spa tomorrow for a facial and a massage! Almost a year ago, Dave gave me a gift certificate for the spa for my birthday, and my friend had a few gift certificates from there too. Neither of us has ever been (though I did get a massage on a cruise one time) and decided to pool our gift certificates and go. For 1.5 hours we will be pampered and treated to pure luxury, without children I might add! We are just thrilled and can't wait.

I had my physical therapy yesterday and GRRRRR, I am in pain and swollen today. My brace I wear every day showed me to be about 1.5-2 inches swollen! It is ok though, the treatments I got yesterday resulted in this and it will be fine in a few days. Lots of new treatments too! They started with 8 minutes of a heat wrap, that felt really good actually! Then they moved to 10 minutes of the ultrasound therapy. I learned a little more about this odd treatment yesterday.....the waves created aid in breaking up scar tissue. If it is kept in one area too long, the vibrations will begin to get uncomfortable and make it feel like your bones are vibrating, almost painful. The girl running it said she could tell right where I have scar tissue because the machine jumps and puts a counter pressure back on the wand they use. WOW, kind of neat. Anyways, after that I got a 10 minute deep muscle/tissue/tendon rub mainly on the top or my lower arm right below the elbow. A sports cream was used and this is what HURT! My therapist said there are two areas that feel "ropey" to her, which is indicative of tears that have resulted in scaring. One area is on the top/flat part of the arm just under the elbow and the other is the area right around the elbow bones itself. Anyways, that rub really hurt and my arm was very red afterwards. Then, I had to do a few new exercises that I really liked and finally I was wrapped in ice for 15 minutes. The arm hurt some last night, but by morning I could not rest that side of my arm on the bed and it was swollen and red. Good thing it wasn't a hair wash day for me, I am not sure I could have done that. Anything that involves that area being touched, jarred or such is bothersome. Clapping at wok wasn't happening at all and I could not use the arm to conduct as stretching the arm hurt that area. The elbow itself is fine and bends.

This is normal, so I am not worried, but after a few great days with no pain, this is sure not a lot of fun. I am currently sitting on the couch with the girls watching Incredibles, with a huge ice pack on me. I can tell you that at the massage tomorrow absolutely no one will TOUCH my right arm, lol.

This work week just flew by. Sure, it was just 4 days, but it still went quick. Was a fairly good week and I accomplished so much! The girls had good weeks too! Libbi managed to make it 3 days straight of the best conduct, but today she was talking in the hallway instead of being quiet and got moved down one mark. This is a step in the right direction, next week we go for 4 straight great days and hope for 5 good ones, though in reality we take it a day at a time. Libbi is again making great progress at reading and is now reading about 6 words (I, am, little, the, dog, cat). Her name is just so gosh darn long and the teacher is insisting she write it all out instead of using Libbi. She can write Libbi much better, but Elizabeth is coming along too. Perhaps Dave is right, he is saying he thinks Libbi is a lot smarter than Abbi, but as we know until now she had her sister to do all her work and thinking for her hehe. Abbi is not in the classroom with her so our Libbi has to do and think for herself. With as fast as she is learning, I think he may be right!

Abbi is a bit under the weather. She has had a cough and came home from school today with a fever. Dave said she fell asleep on the couch. I took her temp and it was 101.2, but she is feeling a lot better now and even ate dinner. Motrin helps! I hope the fever stays away because she starts Girl Scouts tomorrow morning. I bought her brownie vest and books today. I still remember the Girl Scout pledge too!

Dave escaped tonight to a neighborhood meeting, but is home now.

So, a spa afternoon...WHOO HOO! My girls are tired and after the movie headed to bed. I think they will fall asleep on the couch though and part of me says LEAVE THEM if they do hehehe.

:)

No comments: