Will, my long awaited spa day is now just a wonderful memory! I must say it was the most comfortable experience I have EVER had! Two hours of pampering my back and then my face/neck and hands...not to mention the complete relaxation.
Ellen and I started our day once Girl Scouts was over, and headed to Red Lobster for lunch. Gotta LOVE their lunch prices! W enjoyed those awesome cheese biscuits and I had my usual grilled tilapia, though this time had them add Parmesan cheese...yummy! We then went to get the rest of Abbi's girl scout brownie things and then hit the factory card outlet to look at tablecloths for Trivia Night (50s theme). We had a little time to kill. It was so nice to just be us gals and not us with our girls (we each have 2 daughters lol).
Ellen was a nervous wreck about this whole spa thing. She had said she did not want anyone touching her feet and really was only doing this for me hehehe. Just wait....
So, we checked in and they took us to a private bathroom, locker room type place where we changed into those half towel wrap things, a big, fluffy robe and slippers. Locked our stuff up and went out to wait for our big day. The massage came first, and WOW, I fell in love with the comfy tables, which really looked more like a glorified hospital bed but felt like heaven! We each were in our own room, soft music playing and very low lights. I was told to strip and crawl under the blankets...oh boy it felt like I could just take a nap right then and there! Warm room, warm blankets, darkness and calming music. I really like the gal who did my massage, we chatted the entire time. It helped me feel a bit less weird haha. So, that massage went by far too quickly, and I met up with Ellen a few seconds after I got the robe back on. She was smiling and said she was loving it! Next came our hour-long facials. Now, I must admit, I thought they would have us sitting in chairs like for haircuts, and do it there....NOPE! We each were led to separate and even DARKER rooms, where there was again a nice looking bed! Was told to leave the towel wrap on but take the robe off and climb in. Wow, it felt nice just laying there! A different gal came in and pulled my hair back and told me to keep my eyes closed and got started. It all felt wonderful! It seemed to alternate between hot and cold treatments and my gal hardly made a sound...which was good because I wasn't feeling chatty the more I relaxed. I am probably not kidding when I say there was probably between 8-10 things put on my face. My favorite part was the steam treatment....and during that something was rubbed into my hands and lower arms (though not the bad arm lower arm) and my hands were put in plastic bags and then into these warmer type mits. I couldn't see because something was over my eyes lol, but it felt great! I silently prayed that my feet would get some special treatment too (the hands were a surprise lol), but nope....it did not happen. That's fine though. I loved when a very warm, thick washcloth was placed on my upper chest each time and then used to wipe whatever off of my face. Some lotions and oils were rubbed into my neck, shoulders and around the collarbone area too......that felt great!
Then it was all over....boo, hiss! We got dressed and just raved to each other how wonderful it was and that we were going to tell our husbands and friends that we knew EXACTLY what would make perfect gifts for us in the future....MORE GIFT CERTIFICATES so we could do more afternoons like today. We drooled as we walked past the foot baths and areas....and when we checked out at the front desk, we really found ourselves not wanting to walk out the front door.
A strange thing, I was very relaxed when I went in.....this new job of mine is just so stress-free! You can only imagine how much more relaxed I was.....if I had known it was a place that could make me feel so incredible I would have done it during my stressful work times last year. It would have been great....but who cares.
If I had lots of extra $ each month, I would go every month. They do have all kinds of treatments you can get separately and really the price is not bad. BUT, it is a luxury I cannot justify right now spending $ on, so I have to keep it as a very rare and special treat when I have gift certificates. Oh how I wish I could go even once every 3 or 4 months!
So, a very good day! It was so chilly outside this morning, almost crisp like my FAVORITE time of year...FALL! We still have a ways left in Summer and over a month of near 90 degree temps left.
Abbi started Brownies today and had a great time. The church is trying to get a Daisy troop together and if so Libbi will join that. I was in Girl Scouts for 9 or 10 years and it was a great experience for me! Ellen, who shared my spa experience today, is the troop leader for Abbi. There is a father/daughter camp-out Nov 1 and I am trying to get Dave to go with Abbi. It involves all that outdoor stuff he loves to do. It would be good for him!
After my spa day, I headed to church for the Knight's social. I met Dave there. We had a great time! They play this game horsie, horsie and it is a hoot! We finally got in on it the last hour before we left, such a brainless game but fun. We made it back home soon after 10 pm....both girls asleep on the couch hehe.I just left them there. I had some things to do to prep for my PC show tomorrow afternoon and just had time now to update before bed. I am tired, but such a happy tired!
Hugs to ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment