I was asked by the church to demo the percussion instruments this evening for the preschool-1st grade Bible Study classes, or about 200 kids. The regular and "real" drummers were busy playing at the service so they were in a bind and asked me. Perhaps my band teaching experience, or my current job as music teacher, but they picked me and I was tickled!
I brought along many of the small instruments from school and the church brought over the larger ones. I did a 20 minute lesson on the Percussion and introduced each of the instruments. It really was fun and the kids were wowed and I was a "drum goddess" for a brief amount of time. I am not sure who had more fun, me or the kids!
I then had a 2 hour intensive orchestra concert. We are busy preparing for a few big events.
I am, to say the very least, exhausted. I have taken the day off work tomorrow to recharge and also to get some things done. I did not get to see my own children today, boo. I hear they had good days at school.
So, the hidden percussionist is going to really hide! I am going to crawl into bed and fall asleep within a few minutes like has been the normal.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment