I looked back in my blog here a bit and noticed something.....my entries are getting shorter and shorter each time. Hmm, perhaps I am getting busier!
This evening I was at school until 6:10 pm. Abbi had a "learning Mass" at church to help prepare for her first communion this spring. It was kind of neat.....the priest went through an actual Mass and explained everything to the kids (and us parents). I had to be at church at 6:30 and just could not justify leaving work by 5, getting home then turning right back around to go back down to near where I work. So, I stayed at school and got an amazing amount of work done! My lesson plans are done not only for next week, but the week after as well. I also got 8 work CDs uploaded to my school laptop. On top of that I caught up on some Trivia Night work.
It was nice to be in my extremely quiet classroom and accomplish so much!
Girls are good. Libbi had "Nursery Rhyme Day" at school today. Each child had to pick a nursery rhyme/story and become that person. So, I thought about what would be EASY, QUICK yet neat for Libbi. The girls adores wearing dresses and she loves this little stuffed Lamb Abbi has...so, she went as Mary in Mary Had A Little Lamb. I bought a little basket and glued some ribbon on it to make it look fancy. I then put a washcloth in the basket and put her lamb in it. I took an old straw hat and tied a thick pink ribbon on it and put one on the lamb's neck too and cut a piece of the same ribbon for Libbi's hair. She wore a "countryish" looking dress, though had to wear her sneakers because it was PE day hahahaha! However, I did manage to find the frilly, lacy socks so she wore those. I thought she was cute as anything and she said she had a great day today!
Trivia Night is this weekend, the same day as my birthday. We have 26 teams right now and the theme is 50s! A friend is making me a poodle skirt and I am tickled to death about having one at last! I bought some cheap Ked's looking shoes too! This is always such a fun event and I am actually glad it is on my birthday! To get to be with so many of my friends on my day will be great!
Speaking of birthdays, I am still in complete love with the new phone Dave got me for my bday! I am slowly learning to work the thing and figure out all the neat things it can do.
We sure stay busy here! I am glad to be home tomorrow night, but then will be busy the next several. You won't hear me complain though! Sunday, I woke up so exhausted that I just could not even manage to drag myself to church to play with the orchestra. It did me good to stay in a bed a little longer and relax.
This morning, Dave was shutting the bedroom window when I heard the cat meow a horrible sound. Dave shut the window on the cat's foot. Don't ask me how that could have happened, but it did and I felt bad for my poor baby who limped around for a bit. He is just fine and maybe it will teach him to move when a window is being shut.
Off to bed I go. WHEW I am sleepy and tomorrow I get no break at all at work.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment