Friday, September 26, 2008

All Heck is About to Break Loose! and sad news

Right now, just Libbi and I are in the house, simply enjoying the peace and quiet. We just had pizza for dinner and are awaiting our overnight guests and Daddy and Abbi to get back home. It was going to be just Ellen and Sarah staying over, but not it is going to be Jim and Evy too, oh my! It was nuts the last time they all spent the night. Ellen needs a ride to church tomorrow because Jim is taking some of the other girl scouts to horse camp early in the morning (they have just one car).

So, I bought frozen waffles (3 boxes, gotta love when Kroger's has them on sale YAHOO). Breakfast of champions and easy than anything to boot!

So, in just a bit, it will be noisy here again. Ellen is finishing my poodle skirt for Trivia Night and I have a few more things to print off.

The other teachers at school helped celebrate my birthday today. One of the art teachers made brownies and they all gave me a cute card. You know, it feels darn nice to celebrate these things in life with such kind people.

The sad news....one of our church friends has been diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreas/liver/etc cancer. It was quite the shock as she is fairly healthy. Her husband just had a major back surgery and is getting over that. Apparently things do not look good for her. This is awful news because she felt good and was still quite active. I understand she will be getting second opnions next week and they will go from there. But the prognosis is not good. I know you don't know Sandy but any prayers of comfort for her right now I am sure will be helpful.

It was nice to be back at school today, the kids were happy to see me back and I am proud that the sub actually taught the planned lessons I would have...she was brave and jumped in. She did tell me today that she did not feel comfortable with one classes lesson, as it involved playing the instruments and she had no clue, so she showed them a movie. No biggie.....the other kids got the lesson I would have taught (only I bet not as good as me) and that is great!

Libbi is about to fall asleep on the couch next to me. She is just tuckered out. I am VERY HAPPY TO SAY that my girl earned 5 straight green cards this week for conduct, the highest marks. She FINALLY earned a trip to the class treasure box and proudly showed me the playdoh she picked out. I am tickled to death that she finally had a great week! Now, maybe next week too? Abbi stayed on G this week, which is quite good for her. I think both girls are really making the effort to do better.

Well...need to run and print off a few more things. Just wanted to update real quick.

No comments: