Tuesday, September 23, 2008

AHHH, a night home

Do you know how nice it was to leave work at 4:30 and come home? Ok, never mind that I stopped by church to pick up Trivia Night forms and then picked Abbi up from dance...I was still home by 5:30 pm. NICE! Dave had dinner on the table and it was great to be DONE with dinner by 6 pm. The girls then did some homework, got showers and made lunches. They were in bed at 8 pm and are asleep.

I stayed busy doing some things for Trivia Night and working on laundry. The only thing I would have changed if I could have was to go outside. BUT, to get homework done and showers, it just couldn't happen. It was pretty nice out today, though warm for the first day of FALL.

I am absolutely LOVING my new phone. It has simplified so many things for me. And to think as kids we never had caller ID or Internet and now I have that and more in this little doohickey I can hold within my hand.....WAY COOL! I know I will probably never do or even figure out all the cool stuff it can do, but I am pleased with what I have figured out.

Irene had scans and they showed an area of concern in her lungs. She will be getting a biopsy done and then go from there. She has had a rough time of it, but also been so blessed to get through each new round of treatments. Her cancer is so very rare and most of the treatments are trials where the results are unknown. I keep praying things do not get worse. I cannot imagine my father going through another battle like he had to watch my Mom go through. Irene is a very strong woman though and has persevered so far!

The girls have been doing well with conduct at school this week. It amazes me the things they are learning at school. Abbi asked me tonight if a giraffe or a human had more bones in their neck....of course I said giraffe. She said WRONG, both have the same but the giraffe's are just longer. GO FIGURE!!!! She learned it at school today in science. Isn't that interesting? Kinda neat if you ask me. My Libbi came up to me and had written MOMMY, well all but the Y, and was asking how to make that letter. I showed her and she made it and was so proud of herself.

I have a few busy days coming up, well days and evenings. Orchestra, Trivia Night, my birthday, etc.

Well, a nice bubble bath sounds good about right now so off I go. Perhaps I will even be in bed by an early hour too! At least I have been sleeping a lot better this week.

No comments: