WHEW, the big event is over and went very well. It was a very long day for Ellen and I and tough in some senses. Lesson learned, NEVER suggest to decorate at a different time from the table set-up. It went much faster in the past to do it all at the same time and Ellen and I were left to do most of it alone with what seemed like a brilliant idea to do it in the afternoon before the event. Instead it left us both cranky, our children cranky and husbands who found better things to do for parts of the day. Our children have spent way too much time together the past 3 days, with all the getting ready and then spending the night last night. Libbi fell asleep on the couch last night before 9 pm (before anyone else got here, it was just me and her), BUT woke up around 11:3o pm and stayed awake until after 1:30 am. Ellen and I were working on my poodle skirt and her one daughter decided to refuse to go to bed. So..between that and my child with no sleep, it was not fun. They had major meltdowns today that wore thin on our nerves as well. Libbi is not much fun when she misses even a little sleep, so it was very trying at some moments today.
So, after the event, the babysitting crew decided our children could help put things away that had been used in babysitting rooms. Oh, that made me very angry as we pay the babysitters and tell them we are generally busy until 11 with clean-up and they know to keep them out of our hair. Well....we were trying to clean up and all 4 of our kids come running and fighting and arguing and pushing big tv carts (with tvs and vcrs on them) at 9:45 pm. I about lost it. Ellen and I yelled at the kids to get back in the babysitting room and they wouldn't. About then the babysitting coordinator realized what was going on and got the kids back in the room, where they stayed about 45 minutes while we cleaned up. 5 years olds should NOT be pushing tv carts, more so amidst tables and chairs being stacked and torn down. Oh, we were so angry. I mean, Libbi was only trying to help and do as she had been told by the person in charge of her room and didn't know better, I only saw a tv bouncing back and forth unsteadily and a 4 foot drop to the floor and on top of her. It still angers me they allowed this to happen and we have already spoken to the coordinator and told them how dangerous it is and to please make sure the rest of their staff keeps our children until we come for them. We pay them good money to keep our children.
So, I got all the gripes out. Now for the good stuff. My poodle skirt turned out PERFECT. It was cool and got many compliments. Before everything started they came and got me to drag me in the room and sing happy birthday to me. Someone had brought a cake for Jay and I both (his bday was yesterday), that was nice. I don't yet know how much money we made.
I am relieved that this is over until January.
I need to head to bed. Tomorrow is a super busy day. I have to play 2 services in the morning then we have a 3 hour practice for our upcoming classical concert then we play a 2 hour special service (Homecoming). I will be playing a lot tomorrow! I will not get to come home in between so I will be busy all day.
My bed is calling my name, though I am contemplating a quick bath.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment