Monday, September 1, 2008

How can one get to a pool party if the husband forgot to leave directions and is playing golf and not answering his phone??????

GRRRR, he was so set on playing golf this morning that he left without leaving the address, directions and "invited" me to pick up his golf buddy's wife and kids to take without fixing my van seats so I can fit us all in. He is not answering text messages, voice mail, etc. I am supposed to pick Jennifer and her kids up in an hour.

I don't even want to go to this party, he never asked if I wanted to go, just assumed I would. I don't mind taking Jennifer and her kids (she is due with a baby in just over a week) and I know my own children will have fun.

THAT IS, if he ever calls me back and lets me know where the heck I need to go. He left his swimsuit on the bed and as he woke me up just a bit from layers of sleep this morning said simply goodbye, don't forget my bathing suit. He was out the door in a flash before I could even comprehend I was awake and that he was gone without me knowing any of the important details. I don't even know where he is playing golf.

Sigh.

I have gotten myself mentally excited for the party, but it is yucky humid outside and it is a school night. It has been so nice to have a lazy morning here at home and the girls have been awesome playing great together and we had a nice lunch here.

Gustav made landfall just SW of New Orleans, as a category 2. Hard to tell what damage there may have been, when Katrina hit it took a few days for the true devastation to emerge. Right now, they are saying it will slow down and then make a turn towards us perhaps....rain is forecast for every day this week starting tomorrow. Hmm, perhaps it would be smart of me to take my crocks to work tomorrow and extra socks! I already have an extra pair of pants after getting drenched about a week ago. They are now saying the Tropical Storm Hanna is going to become a hurricane and hit the east coast, then there is yet another tropical area forming...IKE. BUSY tropical season this year. The exact area we went on vacation to about a month ago is being hit by bands of the hurricane, I hope they are spared damage because they were still recovering from Katrina 3 years ago! It was sobering to see.

Well, I need to try and figure out where this pool party is out since my husband is ignoring me and more worried about golf than the plans he set forth for us for this afternoon (am I bitter....a little!).

No comments: