Yes, it is COLD! We have the windows open and I am having to shut most of them! It is 58 degrees outside today and barely got to 74 degrees for the high. But oh what a beautiful day! PERFECT weather. Now, if the leaves were all fall colors it would really be the perfect day.
It is supposed to get to the mid 50s tonight, and only to 75 tomorrow. This time of year we are typically still near 90, so this is great! Nice not to sweat, nice to finally open the windows for the first time since May and air the place out, nice to feel chilly enough that thick socks are required for lounging around at home.
Libbi and I worked on her "head project" this evening. They send home a manila folder with a circle cut on one side and it kept regular on the other. We were to decorate the head side, so Libbi helped me cut this cool string/rope I found that pretty much matched her hair color, then we had to glue that on and of course I found a Hello Kitty ribbon to put in the hair and we colored the face. It is nice having already done these projects with Abbi because I know what to expect. So, I guess I should go ahead and buy those multicolored feathers to use on the turkey project we'll get in two months lol. After we finished the head, I found her favorite Hello Kitty tshirt to dress it with, then into the bag it went to go to school to be hung on the wall for Open House Thursday night. Dave will go to Open House, I have to conduct a program at my own school.
We finished the night off working on homework...Abbi had math worksheets and had to read from her science book, while Libbi had to practice writing some of her numbers. My "project" for Libbi is to work on her writing neatly...she rushes and it is messy (BUT getting better) and also for her to continue learning to recognise and write her letters. She has the interest in doing it all now that she is in school.
She told me tonight that "gym class is boring", hmm, that sounds a LOT like I did when I was in school. I don't have the heart to tell her now that I too found it dull and boring. I tolerated it, and did have some fun times, but it wasn't my forte. However, Libbi is very athletic, and I think if it were faster paced she would love it. Abbi always enjoyed, and still does, gym class. I am not quite sure what they are working on in gym class right now, but whatever it is she thinks it is boring hehe. Abbi is funny trying to figure out why Libbi thinks it is so dull.
So, my 4th grade students had their first joint rehearsal with ALL the other students in the program this week. They really sounded quite good! We will work with them all together at the end of each day, so they will be completely ready by Thursday night! AMAZING how much less stress and less WORK this type of performance is. For the hs it was always such a big deal and so many things to work out and coordinate. This is a breeze and a piece of cake! I am proud of the kids and can't wait to have them perform for their parents. I am anxious to meet a lot of the parents too.
I got a small surprise today. My principal came in to do a quick drop-in observation during one of my tougher classes. BUT, I got a great report and the one thing she wrote for me to work on is something that I already have been addressing with that class (other classes do it fine). I'll take that! I will have two official evaluation observations this year, not quite sure when BUT it will be before February for sure. I am not even nervous. After my evaluations being botched last year by the principal, and knowing it is over and that these principals would never treat me or disrespect me like that, I am calm about this.
Off to sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment