Hurricane Ike is just about to hit the coast of Texas near Galveston/Houston. It is a monster storm over 600 miles wide, the kind of hurricane that people (like me) do projects on using glue and cotton! Yes, in 9th grade in Earth Science class, we had to do a project, and since I love weather, I picked hurricanes. I took cotton and spread it out thin and then glued it onto blue cardboard, to depict a perfect looking hurricane, which as we know the more perfect it looks the stronger it is.
But I digress with old, old memories.....IKE is indeed huge and going to cause a lot of problems. I will update over the weekend. We should see wind and rain here by Sunday, and for Tuesday the high temps are to be ONLY 63 degrees! MY KIND OF WEATHER (darn right I am yelling, I love a chill in the air). However, the one bad thing is that gas has gone up drastically! On the gas station near us, it has been around $3.49 a gallon, but today when I passed it coming home it said $4.09...Oh My! I m good on gas through mid to late this coming week, we'll just see what happens.
So, today was a really good day at work today. I ALMOST got barfed on, but when the kid and I realized what was going on.....it was off he ran out the door. I pray and knock on wood that barf NEVER happens in my room. I hate barf, I hate the smell and I just well, much like everyone else hate it with a passion and queasiness! So, he came back and I sent him to the office and they could not get his parents on the phone so they SENT HIM BACK to my class...UGH! He was complaining of an earache, and from the sounds of it he SHOULD have stayed home today but his mom wouldn't let him. GEEEEEEE, thanks for sending your kid and his barf, sickie germs to school for the rest of us WELL ones to be exposed to. Aside from that it was just an all around fun and calm day. I have been so tired this week, and made it to sleep a bit earlier last night and that helped some.
I spent this evening sewing the patches on Abbi's brownie vest, it looks so nice now. She is all ready for her meeting tomorrow morning.
We won't discuss their conduct marks from school today, but suffice it to say that the tvs and radios have been removed from their rooms, their birthday party has been cancelled, and they are on probation from a lot of things pending an improvement. We think some of this has to do with not being able to get them in bed before 8:30, so we have been trying to move bedtime back more. It is not easy because we do not get home until after 6 pm, then with dinner and homework and showers, 8:30 is here before we know it, and sometimes after! With my physical therapy over, we think this will improve. All I know is that I do not sit down each night until after 9 pm. I feel more tired now that I AM home because I am doing all this stuff just to keep the house in order and deal with the girls. My husband has forgotten what a dishwasher is and what it does, that or he lost it. I may have to start making Honey DO lists, because I am getting stuck with almost everything concerning the house and the girls, the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry etc. To his defense, he does have ADHD so it is hard for him to initiate or stick to a track (or objective), but still.
Well, I have dosed off three times typing this so far, so off I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment