Yes, yes...read all about it, Jennie can officially burn a CD and she learned how to do it all by herself! I have been putting all my work CDs onto iTunes on my work laptop, and today decided to give it a shot to put a personal CD in and then burn a CD from it, AND IT WORKED!
This is, quite simply, an amazing feat for me, the ever so techie challenged individual!
I also hoked my laptop up to the stereo speakers at work and used it to play the music for ALL of my classes today, my aren't I getting computer smart? The CD player takes so gosh darn long to load and such, the laptop saves such an amazing amount of time.
WATCH OUT, I might just soon figure out how to do a power point and make my lessons EVEN COOLER!
Am I proud of myself? YOU BET, and gloating all the while because I am proud that I no longer have to ask m husband to do that task for me. Oh happy day that I am just a little bit smarter in the computer world.
Anyways, off my power trip. It was a great day today. Last night, I was so tired, I got in bed an hour before normal, maybe two hours before normal. So tired that I apparently fell asleep with the remote control still in my hand and the tv on a station that clearly told I was "mid flip". Dave, in all his wonderful husbandry must point out every flaw, decided to take a picture to have it forever ingrained that I was just one tired gal! How's that for a run on sentence? I slept so good! I did wake up around 3 am and felt like it was time to start my day, but one look at the clock had me going right back to sleep. Wow, I felt good today. I was a little on the hyper side and my students benefited from a terribly energetic teacher today.
The arm feels good today! It is a little sore only because we spent a lot of orchestra practice tonight working on the hard music for our concert. It did ok though and I can feel it is getting so much stronger.
I have only been home for 15 minutes, it is silly for me to drive home after school then right back down to that area for orchestra. I stayed at school and got a ton of work done (and burnt that CD) and then went to practice. I missed seeing my girls awake.
We caught Abbi in a fib and she has been punished. She told us her conduct last week was an E (the top) when actually it was not. Abbi decided to write the E in her agenda book and I signed it, only to get an official note from the teacher yesterday with the weekly conduct grade for last week stating she had something else. I wrote a note to the teacher asking what as going on. I had a few other concerns too. The teacher emailed me back and we together figured out what happened....and the teacher talked to Abbi and Abbi told her she wrote the E because she did not want to get in trouble at home. GRRR! So, she will not be getting her iDog back for a good, long while.
KNOCK ON WOOD (no, bang on it), Libbi has had all the best conduct marks this week so far. My girl is starting to read, write letters and numbers and I am very proud of her.
Tomorrow night I will get to be back with the girls and making sure the homework is all done. Plus Abbi has two tests Friday. I do have physical therapy after school, but no big deal.
GUSTAV has made his way here....we are getting rain and a little wind. Thankfully, it has not yet been a washout and I did not get drenched at bus duty. I think we have tonight and tomorrow to finish the rain from the system. We might get some storms in a little bit as another band rotates up this way. I hope so!
OK, I need to stop typing this much to rest this arm some. I wonder what cool computer stuff I can figure out tomorrow????
No comments:
Post a Comment