WHEW....we have the silent auction items and door prizes almost ready for Trivia Night. As we put together the items in baskets, etc. Ellen grouped the things while I typed up pretty sheets that explain the items and the values. Glad that is done! I just have to print them off tomorrow night, but that is the easiest part of all! Kevin and Jennifer and their kids stopped by for a bit, and Kevin stayed until we finished. I fed everybody pulled BBQ and they loved it! It was a bit loud with all the kids, but that's what I get with having taken a day of peace for myself.
My innards for the chicken pot pie are so yummy! It has slow cooked all day and I will divide it before bed. I can't wait to whip up some biscuits and load them on top and bake it to see how it tastes as a finished product. Should get us through several meals, I will freeze a few dinner portions for easy makings on busy nights.
Can I tell you that I enjoyed being home today and I enjoyed being so "domestic"? It was nice to catch up and get ahead in some areas. It was nicer to catch up on sleep.
BUT, the nicest part of all was when my girls came running in the door when they got home from school to tell me excitedly that they were still doing great on conduct at school this week. They were so proud of themselves and I made a big deal about it too since we are working on improving it. The teachers tell me they are not behaving badly, but they can get chatty, even when asked to stop. Gee, wonder who they get that from (blush). It has been a great week so far though. Libbi will finally get to visit the treasure box at school tomorrow if she keeps her green card...oh please let her keep it. The girls were up until 10 pm as we were busy doing the Trivia Night stuff and our guests did not leave until almost 10. Trust me, we worked as fast as we could and only took a break long enough to eat dinner quickly. I am praying the girls sleep well enough to be able to behave. I know how they can get when they are tired.
Oh, that dead mouse I told you about was actually a baby mole. I wondered why its' nose looked so funny. Dave told me it was a mole and not a mouse.
I tried turning the TV on here tonight, but without my contacts in I can not make out words on the tv and the weather channel is a bit fuzzy. My vision has really gotten worse. My eyes are loving the chance to air out though.
Bed is real soon. I did manage to run across something I forgot about in my bathroom.....some really wonderful smelling body spray (Moonlight Path). Hmmm, I wonder if it might help me this evening.......even if not it will be nice to smell all pretty.
I digress.
No comments:
Post a Comment