Saturday, September 13, 2008

So, I had time to really cook....(and I saw my band kids)

I woke up this morning and got Abbi up to the Brownie's meeting at church. I had a small list of things to get from the store for our coffee and donuts at church tomorrow. I knew that the band (my old band) was doing a big fundraiser at the store there close to the church and so I went to do my shopping and to see "my kids". Oh gosh, it was just great! Many of my favorite parents were there and it felt so good to hug them and say hello and just be there. And then the kids saw I was there and came running over to me. I DID NOT cry, but I started shaking it was just so nice to see them again. How I have missed them, just how much I didn't know until I started shaking. AWWWWW. Well, I stuck around a few minutes talking to some parents as the kids played (a little brass band) pep tunes and while I know without a doubt I am FAR happier teaching where I am now and with the little kids, I do miss those kids and band. Ah well, they are happy, I am happy and the director has been telling the parents how grateful he is for everything I did accomplish with them, for them and for him.

So, I got my stuff in the store, made a donation to the band and went back to get Abbi.

Once back home here, I set myself up with paper and pen to make a menu and the shopping list for the week. Ya know, I think I like it better when Dave goes to the store because he ONLY gets what is on the list, while I stray from it. I sent him and Libbi out the door while I worked on some Pampered Chef stuff and enjoyed the quiet (Abbi was at a friends).

So, I decided with all this time home today to make a lasagna....oh how nice!!!! It has been ages since I did that. I forgot that I always tend to make WAY too much, so I am giving some to a friend about to have a baby. We eat dinner in about 30 minutes or so, I can't wait to try it.

I then cleaned the oven before putting dinner in it, and got on a kick of cleaning the corners and cobwebs with the shop vac LOL. I keep looking at 4 baskets of clean clothes with disdain, but they do need folded.

OK, off to get dinner finished up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Send Nonnie some lasagne... Hehe.. You ARE where you are supposed to be teaching. While the rest of society is overscheduling themselves... you can leave school and make a difference to your own children. Remember to parent better than most of society... you can do it. My neighbor's girls 3 & 6 are awesome. We work on manners and they speak so politely.

Hugs
Nonnie