Sunday, August 31, 2008

Different Contacts.....trial #2

Well, after church, I stopped at the eye doctor and the doc looked at things and we could find no real reason why the left contact was not working right. Apparently both eyes were experiencing a LOT of "contact spinning", especially the left one, so it couldn't focus on much. When my eyes were checked with the contacts in, every time I blinked it would go from clear to blurry.

SO, she put me in a different brand. I have tried this brand before, but a few years ago it was not available for the strength I needed (more so the weighting due to the astigmatism). SO, I really love the way these feel, but I have trouble focusing when moving my eyes. Far better than yesterday, but still somewhat annoying. Teaching will be the telltale sign if I can tolerate these or not.

GRRR.....I do not like going through this each time I get a new prescription. However, I am grateful I get the chance to try them out before settling and buying a 6 month or year supply.

I bought gas for $3.39 today, not too bad! It is $3.57 at the gas station close to our house, so I;d say that is a pretty good price!

Hurricane Gustav is still swirling towards New Orleans, it is amazing how many cars are in town with license tags of Louisiana, Memphis is one of the evacuation towns. I can bet all hotels are sold out. I know that churches and other shelter areas are already open. There was a noticeable difference of the amount of traffic heading northeast on I 40 today too! People trying to escape possible harm.

I was not home today, with playing at church then the eye doc then having to go back to church for rehearsal, I did not drive all the way back home in between. Dave said the girls were at their friend Hanna's house most of the day, swimming and playing. How lucky he was to get a day mostly to himself! Why doesn't this happen on days when I am home alone with the girls all day?? LOL.

Not much else to type this evening.

No comments: