We've just returned from a special outing! I told the girls if they both cleaned their rooms and made their beds that we would go have a picnic and play at the park here in town. They accomplished the goal and we headed out the door to pick up a free pizza and head to the park. This park is nice! It is not big, which is perfect for us, and it is located in a very peaceful and serene part of town on the side of a hill. Mind you, the "hills" in this part of the state are very small. We ate our pizza in the picnic area, and only three uninvited guests (flies) tried to invade. The park has an old playground, then a new playground. We ate neat the old one and the girls dashed off after just one piece of pizza to play. They were giggling and laughing as they rode the inner tube swing (oh, my stomach just turned as they spun around) then had a contest to see who could swing higher on the regular swings. It was so nice just to watch them! After I finished and we cleaned up, we went to the other side of the park to the newer playground. This playground was built by the residents of our town. The dance studio sponsored hand painted tiles (of which we did a few) to help pay for it. This playground is a parent's dream! It is enclosed, so kids cannot sneak off or run off, and has only one way to exit. How wonderful for parents of little kids so they can keep an eye on the exit as well as do something relaxing on their own too like read or such. There are many, many playthings...slides, swings, climbing things, theme things (a huge wooden FedEx jet with a big slide), a farm house, a train engine house, and so on. There could be a hundred kids or more and the place probably would not look crowded, but we were treated to our own private playtime today! Right outside the exit to the playground, there are two gazebos with comfortable benches...you know I perched myself there in the SHADE and it was really nice to just enjoy the birds and quiet. The girls got along great and after about 25 minutes or so I saw they were starting to get sunburned and we decided to leave. Yes, I forgot the sunscreen...ugh.
I may have found one of the secrets of stay at home moms...THE PLAYGROUND! The kids get along because there is so much space and so many things to play with AND it is peaceful.....I may have figured out a bit of how they keep their sanity!
The ONLY downfall was that someone pulled in the parking lot and sat in their car and turned the music up sort of loud (at least the windows were up). That kind of ruined the peacefulness for a bit, but that's ok.
I spent the morning getting all sorts of appointments set and I got a pork roast cooking in the crock pot for dinner. Laundry is just about completely caught up on and I am planning for us to go outside and swim for a bit (after the worst time to be in the sun).
The girls are now playing with the letter magnets on the fridge, somewhat getting along. Abbi is trying to spell words out and show Libbi how to do it. Libbi is more interested in matching colors. Upon further checking, the girls are NOT sunburnt, they just must have gotten hot at the park.
We may pack sandwiches and go up tomorrow with a neighbor.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment