In just one simple month, I have found what I've been missing....the chance to be lazy, enjoy my home and be with my family. Gosh, I am so glad I found out how nice this is before it was too late. No longer being the band director seemed a little like a curse, and being unemployed not so fun, but if it showed me how much my family needed me, then I will take every bit of heartache and stress ten times over.
SO...gas is now $3.98 a gallon, milk is $3.99 a gallon, a 20 oz. coke zero (my beverage of choice) is $1.30.
My arm is getting feeling back, though the elbow itself is still very swollen and tender. A few more days and I should be good to go! I was able to play my flute this morning, I just couldn't push my arm back as far as normal. The wrist brace I have doesn't allow me to push the elbow back too far, so it really did help! I am probably a little more sore than I would have been, but it was nice to play and I had no pain while playing. I have taken it a bit easy this afternoon. I still can't lift much, but that too will come. I finish the steroid drugs tomorrow....not soon enough as they have made my face all puffy. The elbow itself is still bruised, and shiny from being so swollen, but my fingers are back to normal.
I was asked to play a special flute thing at the Wed. service, so that should be fun. It is not difficult, so will not be a big deal.
This morning, the girls were awake at 6:15 am, so I asked them to go on back to bed and sleep, and they did. I left at 8:30 to go play at church and Dave said Libbi was up soon after that. However, Abbi slept until 10:30...WOW! Our meal schedule is all messed up today. Only Abbi and I had lunch at the normal time, the others did not eat. Abbi is off swimming with a friend, Dave is cutting the grass and Libbi and I are hanging out. I can't really cook, so once we all are back together who knows what we'll do. Libbi and I are watching the funny video's tv show and she is giggling up a storm!
Not a busy week here, Abbi gets her teeth sealed and a child's crown (for a cavity) Tuesday and that may be about it. Dave may have to go out of town a few days to deliver some test products, but nothing overnight. He's got a few Knight's meetings too.
So, it has been a nice few days! I read the rest of my book yesterday and Dave and I even had some time together today! We still are going to try and schedule our little family vacation, just not sure for when.
I am rambly today....so I will just stop. Nice to not have too much excitement for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment