Thursday, July 17, 2008

When it rains good news, IT POURS!!!!

Gosh, where do I start?

Well, we are going on vacation! And we are going in just a few days. We are leaving Sunday after Dave's softball game to drive to Jackson, MS. He had enough points to get a free hotel room! We'll wake up early Monday morning and head to New Orleans and spend a few hours there and have lunch. Then we will head for Biloxi, MS to a condo. It is a 2 bedroom/2 bath on the 5th floor, right on the beach...FULLY equipped. We'll stay there until Wednesday morning then head on home.

The girls have been asking to go to the beach and this just worked out for us. We are all VERY excited.

Then, once we get home...I will be interviewing for a music teaching job AT THE GIRLS SCHOOL! Can you believe that? I couldn't. This interview is going to be fabulous for me and I will sell myself like none other. I could not believe it when I learned about this. PRAY FOR ME!!!

If that does not work out, I learned last night of another opportunity. One of the ladies in the orchestra teaches MS/HS Band at a private Christian School here and she may have to move to Nashville if her husband gets a job promotion he is up for. She thinks he'll get it and told me she wanted to give my name to the principal because she thinks I would do awesome there. It is a SMALL school and small band, but quite good.

WOW.....wen it rains it pours!

So, other news on our home front. Libbi went to the doctor today for her kindergarten check-up and got 5 shots and a finger prick blood test. She didn't cry for the finger test, and made it through the first two shots before the tears. Thankfully, the shot nurses there are fast and it is over almost before it begins. I was so proud of my girl! We then ran a few errands and then came back home.

The girls are just excited beyond anything I can describe about this trip. They are hyper and constantly asking to see pictures of where we are going. I sure am glad they don't have to wait weeks and weeks or it would drive me nutso!

The girls swam this evening, and Libbi was coming out of the pool and she slipped on the ladder and I heard horrible crying. i went out....she hit the ladder with her private parts and there was some blood so I took her inside to inspect and she had a little cut. It stopped bleeding quickly, but we called the evening clinic nurse anyways just to see what we should do. They did not have any openings tonight so we'll go in the morning just to have the doc check and make sure it is not showing signs of infection or any other damage. We'd feel horrible if she were to really be hurt and not have done anything and she later turns up with problems or unable to have children or something. We put some ice on it for a few minutes and then she got dressed and seems fine. I SHUDDER at the thought of her going potty (shiver) as I know it will sting!

Well, it is almost 7:30 pm and we've not made dinner yet, so I need to get on that quick.

No comments: