Tuesday, July 29, 2008

FISHING!!!

All four of us went over to the lake in our neighborhood to go fishing. Libbi had not yet been and Dave bought her a little princess fishing pole. It was intended for me to have an hour or so to myself, but I went with them. I'd been out with the sprinklers watering the yard and was sitting there just on the edge where I'd get sprinkled (it got to 105 degrees today, was still in upper 90s at 5 when I was out there). Yes, I probably looked like a dork, but it felt good and I wasn't getting that wet. Dave was busy getting the girls fishing poles ready while they were off playing with a friend.

SO...the time came to leave and I grabbed a chair and off we walked to the lake. Of course I had a can of bug spray and my camera.

Neither girl will touch the worms Dave bought to use as bait, that is so like me. He got them set up and the first cast out Libbi got a itty bitty fishie! Then Abbi, then Libbi, and back and forth. They were just biting up a storm, some were the size of goldfish hehe. Libbi actually did touch the fish when Daddy got it off the hook and threw it back in the lake....she did not mind touching it! At one point, I actually put a worm on a hook myself on Abbi's pole and tried it a few times. Yep, I caught a teeny little fish too. Libbi was all excited. When it got dark, we came home..it was 8:30 and we hadn't had dinner! I decided a shower for me and to do both girls was in order, then we just had sandwiches for dinner (at 9 pm!). The girls then went on to bed.

:)

My interview is in the morning, I am hopeful this turns out to be a job.

No comments: