Not sure if I shared it yet or not, but Libbi calls step stools "scewls", so cute! We correct her over and over and she can say it correctly, but the word that comes out when she isn't thinking about it is scewls.
It is so very hot today, the current real temperature is 104. There is a breeze and it is a little cloudy. One can only hope that we get a pop-up storm this afternoon! We ventured out a little bit ago to take my comforter to the dry cleaner and I can verify that yes it is hot. The girls asked to watch the Passion Play dvd today so we are watching the version with Abbi is in. They have been so good today! Last night I went up and we thoroughly straightened their rooms and I bagged up a huge bag of toys and things they no longer play with. I was getting tired of the many, many pieces of unplayed toys just being dumped out all over. We (me and the girls as Dave was at a meeting) spent about two hours getting everything re-organized in both rooms. I do wonder though....do dirty clothes multiply in kids rooms? I think it does. It will be nice when they are old enough to do their own laundry. My "rule" will be if it makes it to the hamper by when I do laundry then I will do it with my clothes, otherwise they will be taught how to do laundry themselves and wash whatever does not make it in the hamper.
So, gas prices are going down, $3.86 here near us. That's down over ten cents in a week. I don't know what the price is where I usually get mine filled up.
Libbi is standing on her scewl and dancing, too cute.
I need to get the date solidified for the girl's birthday party. We have decided to do it here at home again. It is a lot cheaper than going somewhere else.
I have so enjoyed being home this summer with the girls. I thought I would miss doing band camp, but honestly I do not. I don't miss having to devote so much of my summer to planning and doing band things. Being with my family made me realize over and over just how much I wasn't here. It hasn't been good for the weight loss to be home all summer, but being with my family is much more worth it! I think this is my first summer since I was 14 years old that I have not had band, which means 22 years! Wow, that is a long time. Hopefully if I can land this general music job, it will only mean more summers with my children. I cannot believe that Libbi starts kindergarten in just two weeks! The girls are growing up so fast!
There I go again, off to babbling. That means I need to wrap this up and finish watching this dvd with the girls. Once it is over, we may go out and swim.
No comments:
Post a Comment