Thursday, July 10, 2008

improvement in the girls :)

S, one sorta bad day did not become a trend...WHEW! I didn't think it would, but one can never be for sure.

We've had two more hot days, but cloudy and dodging raindrops. I think everywhere else in the county got a nice, big storm or two or three yesterday, and lots of rain....except us. I kept the girls inside all day as we watched the radar and prayed for the rain that never came. It thundered on and off all day too. The girls put all their barbie stuff in a basket and brought it downstairs and transformed the great room into one huge barbie neighborhood. They were fairly content for most of the day. When they started getting cranky, I gave them chores to do to clean things and gave them quarters when they did it (not things like they should normally do, like cleaning their room....no these were favors like making MY bed, cleaning MY bathroom.....so I paid them for it and they sure earned it). When 5 pm came and Dave got home, I jetted out the door to church to play a service then go to orchestra rehearsal. It was a MUCH NEEDED break for me. Also some GREAT music we will be performing Sunday.

The other night, I went swimming, and got out of the pool after dark. Well, as I ran inside to dry off (I despise bugs and skeeters) I felt something biting me near my rear, upper thigh. As I tried to get whatever it was off and strip my suit off at the same time to jump in the shower, I just had that feeling of spiders and bugs. Got in the shower with the girls and we all washed hair and got clean. When I got out, Dave had returned home and I was in the hearth room watching a big bug divebomb the room when getting caught up in the draft of the ceiling fan. I learned we had a horsefly......aha, the culprit for what had been biting me. Dave went to grab the fly swatter as I kept and eye on the fly. I lost track of it when it got towards the floor, and when Dave came back in, we found it....it was biting my leg (grrr.....it was now a battle I was going to win). Dave came the the rescue and KILLED IT...vindication at last. The girls were shrieking as they thought it was a bee or wasp and Shakespheare wanted to eat the thing dead or alive. What drama.

Today has been good, we slept in a bit then woke up and had breakfast and got dressed. We decided to take some books back to the library and get a few others. Then we went to the dollar store in town. I had no idea there was one because I never go past this one intersection in our town, well....Dave told me the other day that he spied the store and I thought the girls and I would check it out for barbie stuff. What is funny is that the store is less than a block from that intersection (which is where we turn to go to the girls dance studio, so we are always in that area hehe) and I never knew it was there. Yes, we found lots of cheap barbies and the girls are in heaven and currently upstairs playing with them all. I must say though, some of the everyday items are no cheaper there than regular grocery stores.

Let's hope we get some nice rain or storms this afternoon...we are supposed to, but then we were yesterday too. There are no meetings or anything this evening so I imagine we'll get out for a swim.

The arm is doing ok. The tendon (on the outside of the elbow) is still a bit painful when touched of when pulling my hand to my shoulder (still can't do that). I have really had to adjust my flute playing, and am grateful for the wrist brace...I had no idea I was turning my wrist out so far and compromising the elbow by putting so much strain on it!

No news on the job front.....but the week after the fourth of July is generally SLOW.

No comments: