Monday, July 14, 2008

My husband is a redneck

This evening, we were all in the pool, and he figured out a way to throw the beach ball to hit the roof and bounce back into the pool. As if that were not enough, he then took an inner tube and found a way to send it to the roof, bounce back in the pool and around the girl's heads.

TRUE REDNECK I tell ya!

So, with the pool now level, it filled strangely and is oblong. It is tough to get these things just right. The water was still a bit chilly and Dave was making fun of my teeth chattering.

Today was an ok day. The girls slept late, they were just worn out after our busy day yesterday. I'll get to that later. We skipped breakfast as a meal and had a small snack instead at 10 am when we got up. The girls started watching MULAN at 11 am and were so into it that I decided to spread and old blanket on the floor in front of the tv and let them eat their grilled cheese sandwiches right there. Wow, they ate every bite and it was a nice, calm lunch! They sat and watched the entire movie too. A fun lunch for the day. They also started folding their own laundry. There's alot left to fold, so they will continue working on it tomorrow.

Abbi is REALLY taking a liking to cooking with me. All I made tonight was cajun smoked sausage and red beans and rice, the girls won't eat it so Abbi made herself chicken noodle soup and Libbi wanted cereal. Abbi helped me cook the sausage and got to sample it like me hehe. She pulls her step stool up to the counter and just watches. She is so interested in it! SO....tomorrow we have friends coming for dinner/swimming. They are bringing steak and I am making herb roasted new potatoes and a cake. The girls should have fun helping with that! We get to have an outing to the store in the late morning. With gas prices so high, we rarely leave our little town here. The store is pretty close. If I need to go to Walmart, we try to plan it where we are already down that way (13 or so miles away).

SO, yesterday, the picnic. Wouldn't you know, 60 percent chance of rain, and we got to the game and it is cloudy. Temps were around 80, there is a nice breeze...PERFECT game conditions! I watched the first few innings, then went to help cook. The 3 church teams were all playing at the same field and decided to do a huge picnic in between the games. While the guys played, I cooked about 150 burgers and hot dogs, and I had a blast! I had to use my left hand though as my right is still not working right. I never get to grill here at home because that is Dave's territory. The kids all enjoyed the huge playground (enclosed) and it was just a really nice time. Kevin and Jennifer were finally back in town too, so it was good to see them and their kids. Libbi had an unfortunate accident with a door. She had gone to the bathroom and a lady was coming out the door and the door hit Libbi. She got a huge goose egg and cried real tears. We held a cold can on it to help ease the swelling. Today, the bump is still big and black and green...poor baby. Oh yeah, and it NEVER rained.

I am pursuing doing some work as a Pampered Chef consultant. A great friend of mine does it and donates ALL her earnings to pet rescue. I always wanted to do it and run the cooking shows and never had the time. Now I do. A consultant can do as little or as much as they want. If you just want to do a few shows a month great, or you can do a lot more. So, my friend is going to give me information and have me join her team. I LOVE cooking and demo-ing the products I use and love. I have no idea the potential earnings, but can't hurt to try. I wouldn't want to do this full time, only on the side. Today, another friend mentioned writing an online book/CDRom with info for parents whose kids just joined the school band. I have an outline and will go from there. She knows how to pursue this and can it really hurt to try? I type fast, I have the time and band parents with questions are plentiful EVERYWHERE!

This sure beats just waiting for a job to open up in my field.

Well, I am very sleepy and my bed is calling my name.

No comments: