Friday, July 18, 2008

Update on Libbi

I took Libbi to the doctor this morning......but let me back up first. When we woke up, I took a look at Libbi's boo boo. OUCH, WOW, YIKES! Where there was no bruise at all, or even an indication of one there is now the ugliest bruise I have ever seen. It is shaped perfectly like the pool ladder, and oh man it makes me cringe. I was very glad we had decided to take her in to the doctor.

The doctor took a look and while it does look bad, she does not think any internal damage was done. We were told to alternate ice and warm packs (or baths) to get the swelling down. We came home and she got in the tub, only to get out, accidentally kick herself on that bruise with her heel and it started bleeding...worse than yesterday. I dried her off and took a look and once I dried her off the bleeding stopped. Doesn't appear to be coming from inside, but from the outside small cut we had seen last night (which the doctor could not locate this morning). So, she's now situated on the couch with an ice pack. Oh, if I were mean I would take pictures, but I won't.

It is quite obvious that she hit it VERY hard, and I really hope she hasn't done any damage that won't show up for many years yet. I think I will worry for a good long while. I will keep an eye on her and will not hesitate to take her right back to the doctor or ER if I think it is warranted.

My interview has been set for next Thursday morning at 9 am. I have also learned that there is another opening at an elementary school not far from here. Perhaps I will get an interview for that school too.

I am busy working on laundry and starting to pack for our trip. Tomorrow night Dave and I are going with a church group to see a Pride and Prejudice play that one of our friends is in. I am not keen on really going, but I do want to support my friend and be with my other friends. Soon I will be making dinner......broiled Parmesan tilapia (fish) and herb roasted potatoes.

Gas prices have gone down, it is now $3.92 a gallon, though I got it for $3.85 at Kroger a few nights ago with my membership card. 12 packs of Coke are SUPER expensive.....we got them for about $2.50 on sale last week, but now they are almost double that!

Lots to do, so off I go.

No comments: