Libbi took a nice nap this afternoon, in my bed. She has just been pretty quiet, I would too if I had 5 shots and a ouchie area like she has! She had an accident in my bed though.....I mean SOAKED her clothes and my bed and everything. The comforter will need to go to the dry cleaner and I have the rest drying now and the bed itself was cleaned and has fans on it and is dry. Poor thing! She still has accidents, and at night wears pull-ups. It is hereditary (Dave passed this on, she also has his weird toe and weird shaped heels). During the day and when awake she is just fine and does not have accidents. The doctor said this is ok, and she should grow out of it in the next few years, NOT to punish her for it or make her feel badly.
So, since the girl needed that nap badly, I could not begin to even be mad at her for peeing in my bed. It was time to launder the sheets anyways.
I checked her this evening and the swelling has gone down a bit. She still walks funny, but I would too if I looked like she did!
The girls are so funny....this afternoon Abbi asked if she could pick out her clothes for the trip so I could pack them. I said sure...and less than 5 minutes later she comes downstairs with everything she needed for the trip (and it all matched too!) then went up with Libbi ti help her get clothes. I now have two piles on the couch next to me to be packed....GIRLS ARE SET! They keep asking to see pictures of the condo and the beach on the computer.
Dave and Libbi set off to run some errands after dinner, while Abbi and I stayed and watered the yard and flowers. I then sat out on the driveway while Abbi rode her bike and colored with chalk on the driveway...was nice. Dave had to go get new brakes for my van (he puts them on himself to save major $$) and a few other things too. One of Abbi's friends came over to play barbies inside right after Dave got home.
In other words, the girls were extremely good today! Very little bickering and lots of getting along and being helpful. Ok, so it was helpful to all of us that Libbi napped.
So...my girl appears to be healing nicely. It hurts me to know how much she must hurt. But, I wouldn't be a caring mother if I didn't feel that way.
I am going to have Dave teach me how to use the USB cord and download the pictures from the digital camera onto my laptop so I can incorporate them into my blog here.
48 hours from now we will have begun VACATION! YIPPEEE.
A Libbi funny from dinner....she was eating her leftover popcorn shrimp, she calls them "trimps", it is so cute and of course once she learned to say it correctly she sounded ordinary, but then decided she liked saying trimps much better. More funny words, lemonade comes out often as memonade. She also knows how to say that word correctly, but when she is not thinking, it comes out as the old version. She has SUCH a southern accent, I just have to giggle at times.
No comments:
Post a Comment