Friday, July 25, 2008

interview went great, and I have another

My interview yesterday at the girls school went VERY well. I really like the principal, and hopefully she liked me. She will be making her decision early this coming week, so I should know something in a few days. In the meantime, another elementary music job has opened up, not at all far from here either. I asked HR to schedule me to interview there as well. In fact, I taught at this school prior to taking the high school band job and she had asked me to be full-time there (I was itinerant, meaning I was at that school two days a week to help with overflow classes and then at the middle school teaching choir/music 3 days a week) just a week before I was offered the HS job. That interview was so funny...as I had already taught at her school, all she did is ask me how my children were and so forth. They must do the interview as protocol, so we basically sat and chatted like two women instead to make it legal. I am not sure how it would be this time since it has been three years! Of course if I am offered the other job here by where I live, then I won't interview at the other place.

I still would prefer to work at the school my girls attend. However, this other school is very nice as well. I would be happy and content at either one.

We have adjusted to being back home and boy is it HOT! At 11 am today it was 103 degrees and the heat index read 124 degrees! Oh man. Thankfully the humidity is not too bad so it is at least somewhat tolerable, but only supposed to get worse.

The girls are currently next door at a neighbor's playing XBox Star Wars. Dave has the grill going and soon he will cook dinner. I got drenched setting up the sprinkler...me and that thing just DO NOT get along very well. BUT, felt really nice. The girls just laughed at me and thought it was a hoot to see me all wet.

Tomorrow Dave has to go to Jackson, TN for a Knight's meeting ALL DAY...grrr. Then Sunday and Monday afternoons he has to be at church for a funeral for one of the Deacon's that passed away a few days. So much for us getting to be together much at all this weekend. The girls were invited to a party at our neighbor's tomorrow evening and I thought Dave and I would be able to go have a dinner alone...nope....he won't even be back until after the party. If I sound a bit grrr, I am. I am always with the girls. I only get about 4-7 hours a week away from them. I want to be with Dave. I again wonder how stay-at-home Moms can do this every day of the year! OK, no need to get myself worked into a tizzy.

This afternoon the girls and I watched the Passion Play again and they danced to the dancing songs and sang the ones they knew...it was sweet. I just absolutely love all the music! How many months until I get to play it again??????

Off to finish dinner.

No comments: