Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Girls, Grocery store...BAD MIX today

So, I've been bragging how great the girls have been lately and anyone who knows me would know that even a year ago I would NEVER had even suggested I venture out for a full blown weeks grocery shopping with the girls (even armed with a list, sticking to it and flying through the store). This summer proved to be different, they did great, until today. MAN OH MAN they drove me to near insanity and I came home in the foulest mood!

They fought, they about ran the cart into people, they bickered, they wanted everything in sight (even though we had eaten lunch right before going), they did not follow directions, they were downright annoying. Libbi was chewing gum loudly and I kept telling her to stop, then she bit her tongue all nasty and I frankly didn't feel too sorry for her (until a few minutes later when she was whimpering and I looked at her tongue and saw how nasty she had gotten it). We got home and it was far worse, they fought over what bags to carry in the house, I could just go on. I let them have it and sent them to their rooms, where they stayed the rest of the afternoon.

GRRRR.....in one day they went against all the good stuff they have been displaying so far this summer. Thankfully, they were well behaved during dinner of Chicken fajitas and ate well. I sent them to their rooms again to clean them, but gave them the stipulation that if they were not clean by 6:30 pm, they wouldn't get to go swimming. BY the sounds of it, they are not cleaning, but playing.....grrrrrr. I am about to go up and check and I just bet I end up in the pool by myself. And I won't bend and let them in with me.

So much for them helping me and my arm. My arm is very, very stiff and still certain ways I cannot move it. Pushing a cart wasn't happening for me, nor was lifting grocery bags and what a mess it all turned out to be. Let's just hope it has been an off/slightly bad day and it will get better.

Dave had to drop off some product in Jonesboro, then was home by 3 pm. Tomorrow he has to go to Savannah, TN to do the same. I am secretly wanting to stow away in his car and escape, but I have to play at a church service tomorrow and he won;t be home in time.

Of I go to check that room then go get my swimsuit on......

No comments: